Anyone want to bet that Ryan Pace drafts Trey Lance with the 20th overall pick?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes. And Fromm, a prospect much like Jones, was a 1st rounder at this point last year too lol.

Fromm was much worse than jones, lol.

I'm not even a fan of jones, as mentioned many a times on here.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2k21 looks beautiful as fuck on ps5. Legit jaw dropping .

Madden still looks good, and i like the next gen stats upgrades and such, but its still the same ol madden.

Such a shame that the NFL extended their deal with EA.
Do you throw an interception in Madden and blame it on Anthony Miller and Matt Nagy?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fromm has accuracy issues. I think Jones might surprise people with his arm if there is a combine. He has a great release and knows how to lead receivers for more YAC. Also throws to receivers with anticipation.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Seriously, aaronitout, can't believe you just compared mac to jake fromm.....

One of them completed nearly 80% of his passes, the other barely 60%.

They aren't even in the same stratosphere as a prospect.

Jones might be limited as far as mobility and arm strength but his accuracy is as good as any in this class.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fromm has accuracy issues. I think Jones might surprise people with his arm if there is a combine. He has a great release and knows how to lead receivers for more YAC. Also throws to receivers with anticipation.

His accuracy is fantastic.

My only questionmarks about him are what he will become when the pocket breaks down on a regular basis. That somewhat got answered for me last night.

Either way, I don't specifically want him at #20, I'd much prefer a LT, but if he drops to us and we take him I think there is very good value there. He's smart, can read a defense, and has great accuracy.

Fix this line before you let him see the field, tho.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, the one player I would NOT be okay with us drafting at #20 is trey lance.

So it will probably happen.

I'll still cheer for him and he will be my hero if he does get drafted, but he's my least favorite qb of the "top 6".

I'm not sure I can ever back a QB again that starts for a lower tier football program and has limited experience.
He would be your hero?

I can never figure out if you’re 12 or a 47 year old divorced dude with a drinking problem who just plays video games all day

msadows

Liked Posts:
He would be your hero?

I can never figure out if you’re 12 or a 47 year old divorced dude with a drinking problem who just plays video games all day

Okay, maybe that was overdramatic, but I support every single bears starting QB. I got a foles jersey the moment he got promoted to starter.

I just want to see ONE elite bears QB in my lifetime.

Fuck elite, I'll take top 10.

46plank

Liked Posts:
I don’t care who’s at 20, do you really want Pace picking that player? Especially on O?

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Dane Brugler did a 2-round mock in which he had 4 QB's going in the top 8 (Lance #8). Mac Jones goes 24 to PIT. Bears take OK ST OT Teven Jenkins @ 20 and NC WR Dyami Brown @ 52.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They can't wait for a rookie QB to develop. They have to win big in 2021 or else. I don't think there's any chance they draft a QB unless they truly believe that QB is going to immediately lift this offense, which seems unlikely.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't afford a project QB. Its going to be Wilson or Jones. Someone who the Bears can reasonably get and can start eight away. I wouldn't be surprised if Jones would be their pick. He is the most NFL ready.
But he has Foles and maybe get Mitch back at a reasonable price. A project like Lance or Newman somewhere would fit.

You pick a guy like Jones to take over sometime early next year and I'm OK with that too. Worst case is that he doesn't get a QB in the 1st 2 days.

Only early mocks that we know will change and without trades that tend to have QBs going sooner but here's what I've been talking about in other posts about Pace possibly being gun shy after the fails. If he actually believes one of these is his guy, he should go get him. I know the board feels otherwise but as long as he's the GM he needs to act on his convictions or leave. Guys alway fails when they deviate from being true to themselves.

I don't want Trask at 20 and these mocks all have 4 QBs gone before us. At that point, I probably hope Newman is there in the 3rd if he does well at the Senior Bowl etc.

Trask is Jones with less smarts and I think that is a huge difference for guys with that physical skill set. I'd think Nagy is salivating over a guy that can run his O like Jones likely could.

Last edited: