Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Well we will have more cap room next year since Kane and toews bonuses will be gone, and kopeckys contract will be up. If we sign them for a low enough cap hit, we might be able to luck them up for awile

Sarava

Liked Posts:
Thats Special person. We all know that the Cap space should...SHOULD be better next year, so why not pay him the 2.75 and if he repeats his performance then you go into talks with him about a long term deal?

2.75 can be done, but it will leave the Hawks ridiculously vulnerable all season to injuries. It will also all but insure that some of the higher priced prospects like Kyle Beach have zero chance of playing in the NHL this year.

Seabrook, Vishnevskiy, Stalberg, Skille and Brouwer are all RFA's next year. We should expect a lot of that extra money to go to those 4 guys. Sharp will also be just a year away from being an UFA.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
2.75 can be done, but it will leave the Hawks ridiculously vulnerable all season to injuries. It will also all but insure that some of the higher priced prospects like Kyle Beach have zero chance of playing in the NHL this year.

Seabrook, Vishnevskiy, Stalberg, Skille and Brouwer are all RFA's next year. We should expect a lot of that extra money to go to those 4 guys. Sharp will also be just a year away from being an UFA.

correct, if somebody is injured, we are screwed.

And as much as you guys didnt like the Scott signing, he fits perfectly on this team. he can fill both the 13th forward and 7th defenseman spot. He fills 2 spots with his 500k salary.

I expect Seabs to be signed fpr somewhere between 5-7 years and brouwer between 3-5 next offseason

Sarava

Liked Posts:
correct, if somebody is injured, we are screwed.

And as much as you guys didnt like the Scott signing, he fits perfectly on this team. he can fill both the 13th forward and 7th defenseman spot. He fills 2 spots with his 500k salary.

I expect Seabs to be signed fpr somewhere between 5-7 years and brouwer between 3-5 next offseason

I don't know about that. The reason I don't know, is that the Hawks are stacked with defencemen prospects. Next year we will probbaly have Vishnevskiy and Lalonde for sure (those 2 probably will see time this year), and Leddy may be with the Hawks next year. Beyond those 3, Olsen is coming too.

It makes sense that one of the well paid defencemen will possibly be gone next year. I think Keith and Hammer are out of that equation, so it comes down to Seabrook or Campbell. Obviously Campbell is who you want to lose (besides his horrid caphit, Leddy, Vish and Lalonde all seem to be similar types of defensemen)...but the question of how tradable will still be here next summer.

As for Brouwer...he need to play better defense if he wants the Hawks to commit to him longterm. I don't see him as anything more than a 1-2 mil player at this point.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I don't know about that. The reason I don't know, is that the Hawks are stacked with defencemen prospects. Next year we will probbaly have Vishnevskiy and Lalonde for sure (those 2 probably will see time this year), and Leddy may be with the Hawks next year. Beyond those 3, Olsen is coming too.

It makes sense that one of the well paid defencemen will possibly be gone next year. I think Keith and Hammer are out of that equation, so it comes down to Seabrook or Campbell. Obviously Campbell is who you want to lose (besides his horrid caphit, Leddy, Vish and Lalonde all seem to be similar types of defensemen)...but the question of how tradable will still be here next summer.

As for Brouwer...he need to play better defense if he wants the Hawks to commit to him longterm. I don't see him as anything more than a 1-2 mil player at this point.
very true with our prospects, however, i would hate to break up keith and seabs right now. I say that if he agrees to a low cap hit, then sign him, if not, bye.

Campbell i agree should be moved if at all possible because I see LaLonde as the same player, only cheaper.

I like Brouwer on the 1st line with kane and toews, he does most things right on the ice, and if he signs for say 1.5 per year, im all for a 3-5 year deal

Sarava

Liked Posts:
very true with our prospects, however, i would hate to break up keith and seabs right now. I say that if he agrees to a low cap hit, then sign him, if not, bye.

Campbell i agree should be moved if at all possible because I see LaLonde as the same player, only cheaper.

I like Brouwer on the 1st line with kane and toews, he does most things right on the ice, and if he signs for say 1.5 per year, im all for a 3-5 year deal

Yeah I would go for that, but I'm doubting Brouwer would be game for that kind of contract. Maybe...

As for Kane and Toews...I have this feeling Stalberg might just end up on the first line with Kaner and Toews. Not that Stalberg is a first line talent right now...but we saw how the Hawks often shuffled 3rd line players in with those 2 guys. Stalberg has sick speed and is a great forechecker. That sounds like a perfect compliment to Toews and Kane to me. Hopefully Stalkberg can work on his puck handling and defense this year.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i'd be totally chill with stalberg on the top line.

this year though, it should definately be brouwer. people forgot how good of a year he had during the regular season last year on the top line

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

2.75 can be done by cutting a few extra corners with the roster we have exactly as Sarava says here - but still fairly vulnerable to injury/illness. Enough vulnerability that it may mean to say, "näkemiin, Niemi."

Honestly, I could care less if Beach doesn't get his opportunity this upcoming season--it's pretty easy to choose Niemi over Beach if it comes down to it. But, I'm afraid it won't be coming down to this either/or scenario.

I can get a roster of 21 with around 500-550k remaining (depending on where Hendry falls). Or, that 500k or so can be used to go with a roster of 22 with chump change sitting cap room. With a yo-yo player there's a lot that can be saved cap-wise (depending on the salary being yo-yo'd), but that sure brings about a brutal wear-and-tear on the yo-yo (not to mention kills the ability for that player to get a practice in with the team).

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2.75 can be done by cutting a few extra corners with the roster we have exactly as Sarava says here - but still fairly vulnerable to injury/illness. Enough vulnerability that it may mean to say, "näkemiin, Niemi."

Honestly, I could care less if Beach doesn't get his opportunity this upcoming season--it's pretty easy to choose Niemi over Beach if it comes down to it. But, I'm afraid it won't be coming down to this either/or scenario.

I can get a roster of 21 with around 500-550k remaining (depending on where Hendry falls). Or, that 500k or so can be used to go with a roster of 22 with chump change sitting cap room. With a yo-yo player there's a lot that can be saved cap-wise (depending on the salary being yo-yo'd), but that sure brings about a brutal wear-and-tear on the yo-yo (not to mention kills the ability for that player to get a practice in with the team).

i still say fuck nemo, and bring in turco.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i agree. no need to cut corners when we have the same goalie production for alot less in turco

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
No surprise he waited for today.

I think we will accept it, then trade him (hopefully)