Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Didn't this guy have some off the field issues? Substance abuse maybe

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bad. I was amazed he dropped to the third. Mo Hurst dropped too. I was listening to too much PFF that draft...

greg23

Liked Posts:
the raiders picks on the defensive side have been awful the past 3 years

But....go gruden!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Damon Arnette a round ahead of Jaylon Johnson. Clellin Ferrell at 4, a decent RB and traded up for a safety in the first the year before. Great evaluations.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people are confusing Arden Key with Clellin Ferrell. They are just thinking of a Mayock DE drafted by the Raiders.

Key was a 3rd rounder in 2018, so him not making the team is a bit of a 'meh'. Just for reference, Anthony Miller was drafted in the same year in the second round and many have been asking him to be traded for almost nothing.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It’ll be hard to take Mike Mayock seriously when he inevitably ends up back on NFL Network.
Not sure about that. He's also had some 'hits' being Miller, Crosby and Abram is looking good. I'd add, if Ruggs and Edwards work, then that would be a pretty sweet 1-2 for the future. Mayock also brought in Waller, so.......

Besides that 'former NFL Executive' title works well in media. look at Mike Tannenbaum. He wasn't a good GM, but gets quite a bit of air time for his 'inside knowledge' of how executives thing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Damon Arnette a round ahead of Jaylon Johnson. Clellin Ferrell at 4, a decent RB and traded up for a safety in the first the year before. Great evaluations.

Karl Joseph is the safety. He went and played elsewhere last year and just re-signed with the Raiders like a week ago for one year.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I specifically remember one of the worst posters on this board (and that's saying a lot) making a thread about this guy almost daily.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arden Key reminds me of Floyd or M.Anderson before him. A little light framed but has athletic potential.

I'd absolutely take a look at this guy. That type of guy isn't going to win a Gruden Grinder award, especially on a team that couldn't stop the run at all. The Raiders got road graded all year and that isn't Key's game.

Put him into nickel D's, or on third down and he will do what you want him to do. He isn't a good pick for Gruden and Maycock, he is more the type of guy they would make an example of, and like I said, their situation didn't suit his skill set or body type in the slightest.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its funny ya'll would disparage Maycock, and then turn around and not see his decision to release a player as opportunity.

Does Maycock know what he is doing or not? The Raiders are a mess and any talent they let walk is worth a tryout, coaches have nothing better to do, might as well fly him in for a look or maybe he is worth rehabbing.

I would imagine covid has been hardest on the less disciplined players.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people are confusing Arden Key with Clellin Ferrell. They are just thinking of a Mayock DE drafted by the Raiders.

Key was a 3rd rounder in 2018, so him not making the team is a bit of a 'meh'. Just for reference, Anthony Miller was drafted in the same year in the second round and many have been asking him to be traded for almost nothing.

No. People legitimately thought they got their next Mack with Arden Key. And Ferrell sucks

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I really loved the film on Arden Key. I would've drafted him. I was obviously wrong.

Only 3 sacks in 3 seasons, and they're cutting him. New environment may help him? At the right price maybe: minimum salary.

��
GamesDef InterceptionsFumblesTackles
YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSIntYdsTDLngPDFFFmbFRYdsTDSkCombSoloAstTFLQBHitsSftyAV
201822OAKRDE9916101.0302194114
201923OAK99702.0431241
202024LVR99140000020.0151052111
Career3710000023.04934158266

Last edited: