Arenas Pulls Gun on Teammate?

Liked Posts:
Has anyone heard anything about THIS!?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-arenas-teammate-had-gun-standoff

If this is true and you run the Wizards what do you do...?

Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas throwing down every day after practice is one thing but you can't have teammates pointing guns at each other.

Also don't buy Arenas' excuse that he keeps guns in his locker to keep them away from his kids. Dude, you've got more than 100 million dollars. You can't buy a case or a complex holder for your guns?

Yep.

Not buying that one.

Sebastian Telfair's gun in the pillow being an accident was more credible than that nonsense.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I would probably pistol whip him for being a moron. Hou would fine him and call me to barbaric.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Maybe he was auditioning for a sequel to Maverick?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Until George Lucas releases the special edition.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I would probably pistol whip him for being a moron. Hou would fine him and call me to barbaric.

If you pistol whipped him, you would be a barbaric moron...yes

vhans5219

Liked Posts:
Agent zero to Agent shooter zero lol

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think its only fair if Luol Deng or Ben Gordon blog about how stupid Arenas is for doing what he did and then make the rounds in the press about it....

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
It really must suck to be a Wizards fan right now. Your pretty stuck for the next 5 years with that backloaded Arenas contract. You might be able to make mini-trades, swapping mediocre players, but unless you get a steller draft pick, this is what you got, for at least the mean time. The Wizards had a poor fan base before this, this will just kill it. I can't blame the Wizards though. The Arenas contract was definantly a dicey contract when it was given,but who could deny that Arenas was a max guy after comming off of 3 all-star apperances. No one on these forums should bitch about the Bulls future, when you consider the life of a Wizards fan!:laugh:

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
The Wizards were in a crap situation, they'd have been killed by their fanbase if they didn't sign Arenas, but surely they knew there was a very good chance that they'd be in cap hell by signing him. They just had no other option really.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
The wizards have plenty of assets to rebuild with. They have a potential lotto pick coming up and 20+ mill in expiring assets as well as butler and jamison. They could go into a full rebuild or just add another piece.

I also wouldn't rule out a second half turn around. They have too much talent to lose all these close games. They are a small win streak from looking good.

Liked Posts:
13 years ago this team looked as if it could become so dangerous. They get Chris Webber almost in the very beginning of his pro career, they reunite him with Juwan Howard, they've got Rod Strickland, Calbert Cheaney...even Gheorghie Muresan was playing surprisingly well (we didn't know it at the time but they also had some kid named Ben Wallace wasting away on the pine)...they had some nice pieces.

People in Washington were heralding them as the team of the 2000's, supposing they were going to keep most of those pieces.

Then they get swept by the Bulls and it just never worked again...Juwan was arrested...Webber and Juwan were accused of a gang bang, Rod Strickland had his routine trouble...Muresan made a movie with Billy Crystal and vanished inexplicably...

And ever since this franchise has gone down. Other than a decent run in '05 it's pretty much been the same old same old every year and that's a shame. I wear a Wizards cap because I've always loved wearing shirts and caps of random mediocre teams but it's looking worse and worse for Washington so I don't know what's next.

Obviously, they shouldn't have given 111 million to Arenas...i suppose that was done for loyalty and seniority...but that is a LOT of money to give to a guy who hasn't played in 3 years...

Lewinthal's correct...this ought to make us feel at least a little bit better. We've got our problems (losing to New Jersey, losing that huge lead and the game) but at least Rose isn't pulling a gun on Salmons.

Liked Posts:
haha i like that idea.

if i was on the Bulls i would do that in a heartbeat. a really long post just like arenas used to put out.

houheffna wrote:
I think its only fair if Luol Deng or Ben Gordon blog about how stupid Arenas is for doing what he did and then make the rounds in the press about it....

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Lmao. :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know how truthful this whole story is. I mean I'm supposed to trust the word of Crittenton's playground buddy over Arenas, who is probably the most honest & forthcoming player in the NBA? The story itself sounds pretty off the wall. And if it did happen, I'm more than inclined to believe that it was a joke on Arenas' part, as idiotic a joke it would've been. But joke or not, Arenas would be pretty screwed. It's assault w/ a deadly weapon & that's 5yrs minimum.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I don't even know what to say about this. David Stern needs to come down hard on both of them if it's all true.

I don't mind players having guns for protection so much. But pulling it on a teammate and bringing it to the arena. Stupid.

Liked Posts:
First the reason he had guns in his locker was because he just had a kid and said he didn't need "those" anymore (you know, if that lame excuse was true why would you put them in your locker, as opposed to giving them away or selling them...?)

Now, several days later all of a sudden Gilbert wants us to know it was just a joke!

So that pretty much settles everything, right?

Ha! The whole thing was just a joke. He was just kidding guys. Keeping those guns in his locker so he could get into a verbal altercation with a teammate and point a gun at him and make us think he was serious.

Boy did he get me. We just got Punk'd.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/arenas-meets-with-authorities-010410

If he's telling the truth I'm the Queen of England...

Liked Posts:
Well, I guess now they can go back to being the Washington Bullets...

No bullets in Arenas' gun and no game on the basketball court.

Seems to add up.