Article: White Sox Should Trade Ozzie To The Marlins

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty much sums up my feelings too. I'm willing to deal with no offense if they can keep defending the way they are. I wonder what a new hitting coach could do for them?

A couple things. Possibly a change in mechanics and plate discipline. He could completely overhaul his approach. The results vary depending on the player, but it'd be worth a shot IMO.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Beckham can still fix himself. His problem is that his swing is too long. A change in hitting coach would change the whole attitude of the hitters. Sometimes change is needed. I think Beckham and Morel are both still helpable.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
if Beckham and Morel were the only hitting liabilities on the team I wouldn't have a problem with that because they have so much maturing and learning to do yet. I think we can all agree if Dunn & Rios had played the way they were expected to with 30+HR's and 100+RBI's this team would be actually dangerous!!!

Right now I would not have a problem moving them out for mid level prospects in salary dump moves. Dunn's expected production can be replaced by Viceido and DeAza can actually replace Pierre's production and then we can use the money saved to find a decent LH-DH and replace Rios' projected production?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
if Beckham and Morel were the only hitting liabilities on the team I wouldn't have a problem with that because they have so much maturing and learning to do yet. I think we can all agree if Dunn & Rios had played the way they were expected to with 30+HR's and 100+RBI's this team would be actually dangerous!!!

Right now I would not have a problem moving them out for mid level prospects in salary dump moves. Dunn's expected production can be replaced by Viceido and DeAza can actually replace Pierre's production and then we can use the money saved to find a decent LH-DH and replace Rios' projected production?

Exactly. If the rest of the lineup were hitting to their potential, Morel and Beckham would be praised for their defense instead of criticized for their lack of offensive production.