Away Games

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
Hi guys, fairly new here. Is there a core of away fans I can get involved with? I’m based in the UK and always follow the bears from afar with game pass. I’ve been to 2 home games previously and attended the last London game. I have tickets to London this year, Rams away and Green Bay away and really want to get in the mix now I have a bit more spare cash to follow my team.

Cheers guys

Gaz

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Welcome. As long as you hate the packers you’ll fit in just fine. Try to stay away from omeletpants. All the others are the best

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes it seems like most of the posters here live in cities other than Chicago. You should be able to find a lot of them if you keep visiting the board. A lot of west coast and south westerners here.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Welcome! I've been eyeing a long LA weekend with my brothers and may be going to the Bears/Rams game too.

If you spot me in the crowd, wave vigorously. I'll know it's you.

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
Hi guys, fairly new here. Is there a core of away fans I can get involved with? I’m based in the UK and always follow the bears from afar with game pass. I’ve been to 2 home games previously and attended the last London game. I have tickets to London this year, Rams away and Green Bay away and really want to get in the mix now I have a bit more spare cash to follow my team.

Cheers guys

Gaz

I would recommend the Denver game. Start at the game then get out of Denver into the frontier once you reach Phoenix go north until your heart tells you to go home

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Used to live in Chicago (kids still do) but moved downstate. Please let us know the vibe at the London game, that should be fascinating. I think you will enjoy the Green Bay game. Their fans are fanatics (npi) and genuinely surprised that other people aren't Green Bay fans. But for the most part they are good people. Don't know a thing about Denver.

The main thing to know about this forum is that if a thread is over 10 pages it is either something very interesting or two people are in a pissing match. Check the last thread, that should tell you if you should post or not.

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
London games are good but I feel the atmosphere is diluted as you get general NFL fans attending not just the 2 playing teams. I can only attend these 3 games, I looked at the Denver game as I love the stadium but I can’t make it this time. I expect to attend 2 away matches per year from now on. I have visited Chicago many times and was the first place in the US I attended and therefore am a bears fan, plus I was born in 85 so it makes sense!

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
Welcome! I've been eyeing a long LA weekend with my brothers and may be going to the Bears/Rams game too.

If you spot me in the crowd, wave vigorously. I'll know it's you.

I’m willing to meet you for a beer before the game?

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’m willing to meet you for a beer before the game?
If you can put up with my brothers, then you're more than welcome to pregame with us! The more Bears fans the better.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Used to live in Chicago (kids still do) but moved downstate. Please let us know the vibe at the London game, that should be fascinating. I think you will enjoy the Green Bay game. Their fans are fanatics (npi) and genuinely surprised that other people aren't Green Bay fans. But for the most part they are good people. Don't know a thing about Denver.

The main thing to know about this forum is that if a thread is over 10 pages it is either something very interesting or two people are in a pissing match. Check the last thread, that should tell you if you should post or not.
The thing about Green Bay fans is that they will still want to fire up the grill and talk about the game after. At least in my experience

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
London games are good but I feel the atmosphere is diluted as you get general NFL fans attending not just the 2 playing teams. I can only attend these 3 games, I looked at the Denver game as I love the stadium but I can’t make it this time. I expect to attend 2 away matches per year from now on. I have visited Chicago many times and was the first place in the US I attended and therefore am a bears fan, plus I was born in 85 so it makes sense!
Sorry, my bad about Denver, not sure what I was thinking. Obviously wasn't. I saw the Rams a lot when they were in St. Louis, it was ridiculously easy and cheap to get tickets for Bears away games there. Never been to any kind of game in LA but it seems they don't get excited about any sport team. Maybe the Rams going to the Super Bowl will change that.

My favorite away game was in Buffalo. Feared for my life initially but met a couple of pretty good Bills fans which sheltered me from most of the beer and other things thrown at Bears fans. Going there I thought they were civil; I was wrong.

Cool deal being able to attend so many Bears games from across the sea. I always wanted to see a game in Oakland but sadly never did.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The thing about Green Bay fans is that they will still want to fire up the grill and talk about the game after. At least in my experience
True that. They do live and breath Packer football but when you have so little else, I guess it 's understandable.

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
I’m willing to get in the mix and meet anyone! Looking forward to a great weekend! I’m in section 314 for packers and 215 for LA.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sometimes it seems like most of the posters here live in cities other than Chicago. You should be able to find a lot of them if you keep visiting the board. A lot of west coast and south westerners here.
Bears fans are everywhere

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Also UK based and try to get over for a game most years - I alternate between Cubs and Bears trips, or where possible a little of both. Last few years have gone to Washington, which I really enjoyed, Texans, for a double header with the Cubs and up to Minnesota (University Stadium) which was fun but a bit too cold. Most other years it's been for games at Soldier field (and Wrigley).

Going to the Raiders game in London and if time/money permits looking at the Eagles game in Philly this year - though I also have a couple of non NFL trips booked, so not sure my wallet will reach. Green Bay is high on my list and would like to do Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Seattle

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
Over the coming years I’m sure I’ll tick off all the teams. I’m yet to do Wrigley as I’m not a big baseball fan but I will attend a game one day. I usually tie in a Bulls game when I’m in Chicago.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
We’re a well supported team! And we have history!