Barely hanging on and collecting a check....

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Reds Sign Joe Mather May 5, 2013
The Reds have signed outfielder Joe Mather to a minor league deal and have assigned him to Double-A, reports Chris Cotillo of CLNSRadio.com. MLBTR's Zach Links has confirmed the signing. Playing in 2012 for the Cubs, Mather appeared at all three outfield positions, both corner infield spots, and even pitcher.

Blue Jays Outright Justin Germano May 4, 2013
After designating him for assignment yesterday, the Blue Jays have outrighted pitcher Justin Germano to Triple-A, tweets Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca. The move allowed for the return of one-time ace Ricky Romero to the big league club. Germano, a 30-year-old journeyman, signed a minor league deal with the Blue Jays early in the offseason.

Good to know that these building blocks for our future and World Series run in 2012 are not playing ML baseball.
Also good to know that these players were on our 25 man roster last year and significantly shows just how good Epstein and the bally-hooed braintrust is at judging talent on a budget.

I wonder what other homeruns Boy Blunder plans on hitting.

Hey....Where's Sean Marshall ?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Reds Sign Joe Mather May 5, 2013
The Reds have signed outfielder Joe Mather to a minor league deal and have assigned him to Double-A, reports Chris Cotillo of CLNSRadio.com. MLBTR's Zach Links has confirmed the signing. Playing in 2012 for the Cubs, Mather appeared at all three outfield positions, both corner infield spots, and even pitcher.

Blue Jays Outright Justin Germano May 4, 2013
After designating him for assignment yesterday, the Blue Jays have outrighted pitcher Justin Germano to Triple-A, tweets Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca. The move allowed for the return of one-time ace Ricky Romero to the big league club. Germano, a 30-year-old journeyman, signed a minor league deal with the Blue Jays early in the offseason.

Good to know that these building blocks for our future and World Series run in 2012 are not playing ML baseball.
Also good to know that these players were on our 25 man roster last year and significantly shows just how good Epstein and the bally-hooed braintrust is at judging talent on a budget.

I wonder what other homeruns Boy Blunder plans on hitting.

Hey....Where's Sean Marshall ?

On the DL, I believe. Pitched in one game this year if memory serves correctly. Probably not the best job if the goal was to show an Epstein error.

Honestly, I thought this thread was gonna be about Marmol. :lol:

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
On the DL, I believe. Pitched in one game this year if memory serves correctly. Probably not the best job if the goal was to show an Epstein error.

Honestly, I thought this thread was gonna be about Marmol. :lol:

Marshall actually pitched like yesterday haha

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Marshall was on the DL, but was activated a few days ago.

Cubs2008

Liked Posts:
It seems like I should remember, but I really don't, who did we get for Marshall?

Cubs2008

Liked Posts:
Oh right, Travis Wood. I didn't hate that trade and still don't.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs also got Dave Sappelt and Ronald Torreyes along with Travis Wood.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I don't believe at any point in time Mather or Germano were considered "Building blocks". Mather wasn't even brought in to start so I don't see how you can correlate the to being a building block

Cubs2008

Liked Posts:
Oh, well, haha, if we had to take Sappelt in the deal then we clearly lost. The only two guys on the roster I hate more than he are Harriston and Bowden..

Actually, someone should start a thread on that, who are the most hated/ worst Jedstein moves thus far.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Oh, well, haha, if we had to take Sappelt in the deal then we clearly lost. The only two guys on the roster I hate more than he are Harriston and Bowden..

Actually, someone should start a thread on that, who are the most hated/ worst Jedstein moves thus far.

Yeah, do you think any of these guys want their stats thrown up on the Jumbotron? :clap:

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:

Any and all moves regarding the bullpen. Ian Stewart even though we gave up nothing of interest. Stewart was a risk that failed. It clearly didn't pan out for us but I wouldn't say the Rockies exactly won it either

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I don't believe at any point in time Mather or Germano were considered "Building blocks". Mather wasn't even brought in to start so I don't see how you can correlate the to being a building block

So right you are. As if you are not capable of picking up on my sarcasm.

Why were these players on the team if we couldn't flip them for prospects or meant to start on this team ?

They aren't even of value on a ML bench.

But they do possess a great value when trying to be cheap, stupid, and tanking the season, all at the same time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any and all moves regarding the bullpen. Ian Stewart even though we gave up nothing of interest. Stewart was a risk that failed. It clearly didn't pan out for us but I wouldn't say the Rockies exactly won it either

2012 stats: Tyler Colvin- .290BA, .327 OBP, 18 homers, 72 RBI's, .858 OPS

D.J. Lemahieu- .297 BA, .332 OBP, 2 homers, 22 RBI's, .742 OPS

Ian Stewart- .201 BA, .291 OBP, 5 homers, 17 RBI's. .627 OPS

The Rockies won the trade hands down. I dont care if Colvin and LeMahieu never make back up to the bigs. Which I find highly unlikely because they are both doing very well in AAA. The Rockies still wont this trade and its not even close. Stewart was trash and I said it when they traded for him. He cant even hit at AAA.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
So right you are. As if you are not capable of picking up on my sarcasm.

Why were these players on the team if we couldn't flip them for prospects or meant to start on this team ?

They aren't even of value on a ML bench.

But they do possess a great value when trying to be cheap, stupid, and tanking the season, all at the same time.

Yep, that is their value in a nutshell.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
2012 stats: Tyler Colvin- .290BA, .327 OBP, 18 homers, 72 RBI's, .858 OPS

D.J. Lemahieu- .297 BA, .332 OBP, 2 homers, 22 RBI's, .742 OPS

Ian Stewart- .201 BA, .291 OBP, 5 homers, 17 RBI's. .627 OPS

The Rockies won the trade hands down. I dont care if Colvin and LeMahieu never make back up to the bigs. Which I find highly unlikely because they are both doing very well in AAA. The Rockies still wont this trade and its not even close. Stewart was trash and I said it when they traded for him. He cant even hit at AAA.

While very true Colvin is exactly the type of player that benefited greatly by playing at Coors Field. Therefore his stats are skewed. Not arguing the fact that Stewart is trash. Sure the Rockies "Won" the trade but they didn't win much if anything really at all.

Despite having more AB's on the road, he had 50 RBI at home compared to 22 on the road, hit .338 to .244 and hit 11 HR at Coors compared to 7 on the road, and 34 XBH to 21

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
While very true Colvin is exactly the type of player that benefited greatly by playing at Coors Field. Therefore his stats are skewed. Not arguing the fact that Stewart is trash. Sure the Rockies "Won" the trade but they didn't win much if anything really at all.

Despite having more AB's on the road, he had 50 RBI at home compared to 22 on the road, hit .338 to .244 and hit 11 HR at Coors compared to 7 on the road, and 34 XBH to 21

Compare Colvin's numbers last year to Stewart's numbers in Colorado then.

Colvin's were still better.

What does that say about how bad Stewart really is that even with the 'advantage' of playing in Colorado his numbers still sucked.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Compare Colvin's numbers last year to Stewart's numbers in Colorado then.

Colvin's were still better.

What does that say about how bad Stewart really is that even with the 'advantage' of playing in Colorado his numbers still sucked.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH..................KB !!!!!!!!

But the pitching was sooooo much tougher in the NL West when Stew-Shart played for Colorado and he had no protection in the Rockies' line-up at the time.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap: