Baseball America Midseason Top 50

Willrust

Liked Posts:
http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/midseason-prospect-update-top-50-prospects/

#10. Baez
#16. Almora
#18. Soler

Bryant should be top 20 when he signs.

BA's Callis, has said that Bryant would likely be the #1 prospect in the Cubs system if he had been signed to this point. That means that when he does sign, the Cubs will have 4 of the top 20 prospects in baseball; and as many as 8 of the top 100 (Vogelbach, Alcantara, Johnson & Vizcaino/Paniagua/Candelario)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Twins have three in the top 32, White Sox have none.

Indians have one in the top 50, White Sox have none.

Tigers have one in the top 50, White Sox have none.

Royals have three in the top 50, White Sox have none.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Now all we need is for these guys to work out! Hopefully at least one of them will be up by 2015. I know Baez, Soler and Almora are playing well but I just don't want to get my hopes up on them coming up soon. Sure there are exceptions such as Mike Trout coming up at age 20 and even the Cubs own Starlin Castro coming up at 20 and Bryce Harper coming up at 19. It could happen.

Junior Lake is playing well in AAA and Matt Szczur is playing well in AA. Hopefully at least one of those two get a call up to the majors by the beginning of September. Kyle Hendricks getting called up to the majors or at least to AAA before the season ends would be nice as well.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:rolleyes: well you are on your way to standings watching instead of prospect watching....well...in like 5 years. love how this became a wsox thing.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Why are you posting in the Cubs forum if you're a Yankees fan?

thumbs_queen_elizabeth_and_prince_charles_laughing_at_your_cause_youre_poor.png

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
the Cubs will have 4 of the top 20 prospects in baseball; and as many as 8 of the top 100 (Vogelbach, Alcantara, Johnson & Vizcaino/Paniagua/Candelario)

So did the Royals a couple years ago.

And none of those prospects have turned into even an average major league player.

But people will continue to ignore history and the facts of how low the odds are on top 100 prospects actually turning into above average major league players.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

And none of those prospects have turned into even an average major league player.

But people will continue to ignore history and the facts of how low the odds are on top 100 prospects actually turning into above average major league players.
You forgot the *100% baseball related content.

And for the crowd who say free agency is a risk, sure, but in most cases you're paying for what you get. There's so much that can derail a prospect, and only a few things that can derail a proven MLB free agent.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yea, true, but also it is somewhere like 40 percent of top 10 picks become everyday major league players. I don't have time to look it up now, but I will later. Im not saying these prospects are locks just saying the odds say 1 or 2 will become one. Also, maybe after a 100 plus year the Cubs finally hit on all 4 and win the lottery. The law of averages has to come around eventually.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
I will take proven major league players and prospects in to prospects only any day.

But, when all we have are prospects, I guess some fans will get excited about what they can even if the odds show that these guys won't ever amount to much. I still think this is a ridiculous method to build a team....prospects only....

Oh well.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Every player and club is different buddy. Everyone has different player development and some are better at it.
How about the Nationals with Harper Strasburg Rendon and Zimmerman?

It's how you develop the player. Yes some may not turn out but not at the rate you suggest

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Yes some may not turn out but not at the rate you suggest

Actually it is exactly at the rate I speak about.

There was a study done over about a ten year time span of every top 100 BA prospect from every team.

The FACTS say that only about 15% of them become above average players.

Sorry, those are the facts. You can accept it or continue to believe in your fairy tales.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Yea, true, but also it is somewhere like 40 percent of top 10 picks become everyday major league players

Throwing away major league seasons from top 10 picks, you better do better than everyday major league players.

You better be getting All Stars out of it.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Throwing away major league seasons from top 10 picks, you better do better than everyday major league players.

You better be getting All Stars out of it.

Nothing to worry about KB. It's the Cubs! You now how fortunate and lucky they have been in the last century. :smug2:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Go ahead and add Kris Bryant to that list :smug:

:fap: