Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thin on the OL, CBS and safety

Bust

Liked Posts:
With the salary cap in play every team will have depth issues at a position or 2.

Do you also notice the price tag of starting nfl qb's? Even 2nd tier ones like Tannehill are making big bucks which puts more strain at other positions to fit the roster limit.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Thin on the OL, CBS and safety
I don't think that the OL is thin on OL depth. They are thin on OT experience, but they have 4 offensive linemen drafted in the last two drafts, plus 2 UDFAs from years past and a whole line of offensive starters with experience.

Are they all hall of famers? Of course not, it is rare to field a whole offensive line of 1st round picks. This is the norm for the NFL, not the exception.

What is an exception is the QB room in Halas Hall. Seeing Fields as the future QB1 and (hopefully) franchise QB, we might also have the best #2 QB in the NFL in Dalton and almost certainly the best #3 QB in the NFL. How many QB#3 have led their team to a Super Bowl ring, not being just on the team at the time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
With the salary cap in play every team will have depth issues at a position or 2.

Do you also notice the price tag of starting nfl qb's? Even 2nd tier ones like Tannehill are making big bucks which puts more strain at other positions to fit the roster limit.
The time is the next 4-5 years for the Bears to get this team to where we're competing for long playoff runs and the super bowl while we have Fields on his rookie contract. We already have a lot of good young pieces so we aren't far off especially if some of our young guys take that next step with of course guys like Mooney, Kmet, K.Herbert, T.Jenkins, L.Borom and others leading the way for the offense.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tenor.gif

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"When Pace signed Jeremiah Attaochu, he brought in the best reserve pass-rushing outside linebacker the team has had since Khalil Mack was acquired. They truly can have Mack rest for a few downs or series and still expect high production."

Literally whomst?!?!?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They have decent depth overall. Every team has holes and no team has depth across every position. Compared to the rest of the league, their depth is probably average.

They’re deep at QB, RB, and DL/Edge. They have decent depth at OG and WR. They don’t have much depth at OT, ILB, CB, S.

napo55

Liked Posts:
After many years of trading away draft choices, of course the roster is thin. Now if rookies play well, things are better, but rookies often do not play well.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After many years of trading away draft choices, of course the roster is thin. Now if rookies play well, things are better, but rookies often do not play well.

Bingo.

And in typical CCS fashion...posters are already counting eggs that didn't hatch.

AntMill or Mooney - one of these guys has to step up. I don't want to hear how "we have to spread the ball around so much they'll have a hard time putting up stats." That's straight bullshit. Playmakers find a way to get their numbers. Find a way to be undeniable. If you watched the games last year, the roster isn't so good that an individual couldn't step up...the problem was NO ONE stepped up.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

Hopefully with the cap going up, it can help ease that.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bingo.

And in typical CCS fashion...posters are already counting eggs that didn't hatch.

AntMill or Mooney - one of these guys has to step up. I don't want to hear how "we have to spread the ball around so much they'll have a hard time putting up stats." That's straight bullshit. Playmakers find a way to get their numbers. Find a way to be undeniable. If you watched the games last year, the roster isn't so good that an individual couldn't step up...the problem was NO ONE stepped up.

I mostly agree with this. At the same time, I feel like Mooney did step up as a rookie. Just the qb play was quite poor. With solid qb play his numbers would of been really impressive. So let’s hope he’s the guy that takes another step and that we get the qb play we need for him to showcase that success