Bears All-22 coaches film

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was just a pathetic effort across the board on offense.

I was on board with not playing in the preseason, but after that level of sloppiness and miscommunication I simply cannot maintain that position.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How in the hell did Rodgers complete this 50 yard bomb drifting to his left and facing the corner end zone...

nAu7tx.gif

What is Deon Bush doing? Who is he covering?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My only thing is how can anyone on here could have expected Mitch to have a decent performance when the OL played horrendously, had no TE's and had Nagy calling his worst game as our coach. This offense needs Burton in there to run much better. I'm not saying Mitch wasn't bad, but c'mon to come to a conclusion that he is a bust and we are doomed is crazy. Let's bring this up again in 6 weeks or so and see how he is progressing.

He was pressured on 25 of 48 dropbacks which is abysmal. However, that still means there were 23 dropbacks where he was not pressured and guess what he pretty much sucked on those as well.
Why does everyone assume this is on Trubisky? The HC is designing and calling those plays. On many of the plays last Thursday, there weren't even any possible 2nd or 3rd reads. They were plays designed for one player, and when that player was covered...play over.

I'm not saying Trubisky is excused. But he and the rest of the O were rusty after not playing all preseason. The playcalling sucked. Trubs is a 3rd year QB, not a decade + vet like Rogers. He isnt going to be adlibbing all over the place. Nagy may not even want him to yet...

Lol nope Trubisky missed reads vast majority of which had multiple options.

Even on passes completed he had poor ball placement as he routinely missed guys in stride. The one where ARob was pushed out of bounds is a clear TD if he actually hit ARob in stride instead of underthrowing to his back shoulder. His terrible ball placement is what allows the DB to push ARob out.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was pressured on 25 of 48 dropbacks which is abysmal. However, that still means there were 23 dropbacks where he was not pressured and guess what he pretty much sucked on those as well.

Lol nope Trubisky missed reads vast majority of which had multiple options.

Even on passes completed he had poor ball placement as he routinely missed guys in stride. The one where ARob was pushed out of bounds is a clear TD if he actually hit ARob in stride instead of underthrowing to his back shoulder. His terrible ball placement is what allows the DB to push ARob out.

He actually made some really nice throws from cleanish pockets in the game. I was surprised by his downfield accuracy and aggressiveness.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He actually made some really nice throws from cleanish pockets in the game. I was surprised by his downfield accuracy and aggressiveness.

Lol he was not accurate. Again he routinely underthrew on deep passes which cost us points.

You back shoulder a deep pass when it is tight coverage. Not when your WR is 3 yards past his defender.

Damn near every one of his deep threws he underthrew or was off target which resulted in an incompletion or a reception where the WR had to come back to the ball or in Monty's case fell down because he had to twist his body despite not having a defender within 5 yards of him.

This was a guy known in college for hitting WRs in stride. His ball placement is terrible. When is the last time he threw a deep pass where the WR can actually keep running after the catch?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I did not really have an issue with the Robinson throw where he gets knocked out of bounds. Amos is coming over the top so leaving it more in the field is going to be a problem. I guess he could have led Robinson more upfield.

Robinson doesn't really have a step on Williams, let alone 3.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My issue this game was not his accuracy. His deep accuracy was actually better than we have seen in the past.

His decision making, specifically in the 1st half was abysmal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I did not really have an issue with the Robinson throw where he gets knocked out of bounds. Amos is coming over the top so leaving it more in the field is going to be a problem. I guess he could have led Robinson more upfield.

Robinson doesn't really have a step on Williams, let alone 3.

Nope if he threw it and led him to end zone, it is an easy TD. Amos was too late coming over and he clearly had the CB beat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911-124334_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911-124334_Chrome.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This is the first frame where Robinson looks. To me he does not have 3 steps on Williams. He does have decent space to the sideline because Williams was lined up in the slot and dropped to the route.

I am not sure how much you can lead Robinson and expect him to beat a CB in a foot race he is not a speed guy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, based on positioning I think the throw is always back shoulder here. It is an awesome play by Williams.

I just do not think that Robinson is a guy you lead when he is a half step ahead of the CB. He is a jump ball guy and that is what you throw when he is not 3 steps ahead.

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
It's as if the QB has to deal with bad OL play, receivers dropping sure catches, RB's fumbling pitches, and a coach who just didn't make adjustments is somehow supposed to overcome that with his play alone, at the same time making NO mistakes of his own.

It's a lot to ask, It's fair if that's the expectation of some, but IMO it's a lot to ask.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
View attachment 2817
Again, based on positioning I think the throw is always back shoulder here. It is an awesome play by Williams.

I just do not think that Robinson is a guy you lead when he is a half step ahead of the CB. He is a jump ball guy and that is what you throw when he is not 3 steps ahead.

You are showing after ball is thrown. ARob has him beat. Period. You lead him up the sidelines to the end zone. He has all that space in corner of end zone and instead he underthrows a back shoulder pass which is only way the CB can make a play.

Screenshot_20190911-124335_Chrome.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he no looked it, holy shit, full look away pass..he merely takes one peak at his target.

Watch him peak...seriously....he peaks...goes into his throwing motion while looking back at the other target he was staring down. Its a full look away, and...

A total of 3 DB's and 2 LB's take 2 false steps in the wrong direction after they turn their backs and start running, everyone thinks he is throwing right. Its fucking next level shit Rodgers made up or something...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The ball is still in Trubisky's hand. And he doesn't have three steps. What he's got is the sideline because of the angle Williams has. And that's where the ball was thrown.

Lol dude there is like 15 yards in front of Arob. You throw that ball into end zone and ARob runs under it for a TD.

This is not the only one. Every single back shoulder pass save one the WR was past the DB and had to come back.

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
What is Deon Bush doing? Who is he covering?

Not an expert by any means, and maybe it's hate on A.Aron, but this looks a lot like he just chucked the ball for one of those 1 on 1 PI-inducing plays he's known for. Looking at the route the WR runs, he actually slows down and curls under the ball, now our CB had no clue where the ball is, if he had, he could have made a play on the ball instead of following the WR, but as i acknowledge, i could just be hating... *shrugs*

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I called that bomb "a lucky" pass that the WR adjusted to...

now I see it wasn't luck at all, Rodgers pulled some crazy shit out of the hat, they only teach that one at HoF meet and greets. jesus...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deon Bush doesn't rush back, he is one of the 3 DB's that loses a step or two thinking the bomb is to other side. Its the length of the no look, past his fucking release, that stalls Bush's recovery just enough to complete the pass.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lol dude there is like 15 yards in front of Arob. You throw that ball into end zone and ARob runs under it for a TD.

This is not the only one. Every single back shoulder pass save one the WR was past the DB and had to come back.

Williams was maybe a step away from him by the time the ball would have arrived. Not to say he couldn't have put it over the top - he could have. But just lofting it out there isn't a guarantee that it's caught. But there was a ton of room on the sideline that Mitch was trowing to.