Bears' Anderson pumped to pair with Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
By Fred Mitchell

BOURBONNAIS -- Defensive end Mark Anderson is hoping to reap the dividend of having superstar teammate Julius Peppers double-teamed this season.

"I am pretty sure I am going to have a few one-on-ones ... me and the other defensive linemen," said Anderson, who recorded 12 sacks in 2006 but only 3 1/2 last year. "Tommie (Harris) is going to create some double-teams ... that will give us opportunities to show off one-on-one pass-rushing moves."

Anderson is looking forward to Saturday night's preseason opener at San Diego under new defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli.

"It's all fun and games right now. We're just trying to get tuned up and get ready for the season," Anderson said.

More...

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wootton should be the starter sooner or later, Anderson struggles against the run

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Since his rookie year Anderson has struggled against everything. He still wasn't a good pass rusher at all except when he plays two RTs who suck are slow and awful against speed rushers and that's only how he looked good.

Anderson normally on 1 on 1 wasn't enough. Most of his big sacks in 06 were 0 on 1 like the Arizona sack or a TE on him. If he still tries using his moves that will be awful. I just remember seeing him spin and spin and go nowhere all throughout 07-08 hopefully Marinelli taught him how to preform moves by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.