Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am a long time Eagles fan. I don't think Howie's a fool but the franchise has just completely mishandled Wentz and the last 3 seasons. It's been a persistent failure to surround Wentz with talent both by missing obvious picks in the draft and not pursuing FAs. All of that was compounded by the mishandling of last offseason from the firing of the prior OC and drafting Hurts in the 2nd round. In any event, I would be surprised if Pace overpays.
What do you think Wentz fetches? Gimme your best guess. I have no clue, but I can't imagine trading multiple firsts for him is a great idea

msadows

Liked Posts:
Then again, I'd much rather have wentz than anyone else in FA/trade other than watson/dak....Issue is, once again, that freaking contract.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wish I was as optimistic as you, but I'm really not.

Wentz is an okay QB....but I dont really want to trade a first rounder+ for him AND pay him that deal....

If it happens hopefully we keep #20 so we can still take a LT or WR, considering if we get wentz then Arob surely is gone.

30 minutes and a bag of Jack Herer and you could be....

msadows

Liked Posts:
I feel bad for Wentz if this is true. He'd be hopping from one dumpster to another lol

If we get him that almost certain guarantees AROB is gone....so yes, he'd go to another team with no WR's, no Oline.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh. I prefer not, but hey, I'm a fan not the owner.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I liked him a lot coming out of college.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I was as optimistic as you, but I'm really not.

Wentz is an okay QB....but I dont really want to trade a first rounder+ for him AND pay him that deal....

If it happens hopefully we keep #20 so we can still take a LT or WR, considering if we get wentz then Arob surely is gone.
I would consider agreeing with you however I have been a Bears fan since 1984 and I would kill my grandmother for a QB.

Pay Wentz. Tag Robinson. He will change his toon by game 4 and sign long term.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He's worked with John DeFillippo.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He's got a great relationship with Nick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you think Wentz fetches? Gimme your best guess. I have no clue, but I can't imagine trading multiple firsts for him is a great idea

He's fucking worth it.

Whatever the cost...change your destiny with this one move.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we get him that almost certain guarantees AROB is gone....so yes, he'd go to another team with no WR's, no Oline.

From what I saw this year of Wentz, he was not the same QB as he was. True that the Eagles were decimated and lacking offensive talent, but he had so many overthrows and looked so frazzled and out of sorts while in the pocket that you can't help but wonder if he is ruined.

I generally like cheering for redemption stories, so I hoped that the failed QBs (like Wentz, Goff, and Mitch) would end up finding more fruitful landscapes, systems, and offenses where they could develop further or recapture the "je ne sais quoi" they once showed (though arguably Mitch only dazzled in a throw here and there, not really like Goff and Wentz). However, I do NOT think that lame duck systems and managements or teams devoid of identity or talent (like the Bears) are good destinations for any of them. I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong, but my prognostication is that if Wentz comes here, it will be a catastrophic failure.