Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler should have been better than Wentz, or at least his equal.

You can debate diabetes vs his attitude as to why it didn't happen but after Cutlers rookie year I was literally crying as to the fact we could never find one like him.

Wentz doesn't have the rocket of Cutler/Mahomes/Favre/Rogers...etc...but he has a bunch of other things and we would never regret this like our past investments at QB. Regretted every one?!! EVery fucking one!!

So...given that we haven't ever made a QB investment that paid off maybe we could agree it doesn't fucking matter what the cost is. If he's getting moved and we aren't the ones...then we fucked up.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
So then go back around and trade him and picks to Houston.

I’m in.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking this before they fired the coach. Wentz level guys never come availalble except a freak Luck/Manning type situation.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest they chose Wentz over the coach and moved on. That was the right move, but this might be coming from the Wentz camp, where they just feel so betrayed and hurt by everyone and turned on by the locker room....like its not just Peterson who was probably like a best friend to him...its the locker room.

They made Wentz the big bad religious white guy. He can't stay there. imo. Right or wrong thats what it is.

So he is getting moved, and the Colts can offer him a win now superbowl chance situation. The Bears can offer him an unsurpassed glory opportunity if he got it done. Best city to win in there is, but that takes perspective and maturity to see.

I'm hoping we get this. The Bears are really stuck in a timeline/QB bind otherwise. Damned if we do damned if we don't without something crazy like this changing our timeline.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

The 2nd overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft is coming off a dreadful campaign in Philadelphia—as he played poorly and reportedly clashed with ex-Eagles head coach Doug Pederson—with leaked issues of his coachability and willingness to receive constructive feedback. ?

This past season, Wentz completed 251 of 437 passing attempts (57.4%) for 2,620 passing yards, 16 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and a passer rating of 72.8 during 12 starts before being benched late down the stretch for rookie quarterback Jalen Hurts.

Like someone else said, If we can get him for nothing ok. Please Colts, save us...... get the deal DONE. ?

More info here..........

Conflicting Reports Connecting Eagles QB Carson Wentz to ... Colts

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm more worried about injury with Wentz than his regression this year. He basically willed them into the playoffs with no weapons the year before. I can understand why he wants out.

Philly's cap is a mess...I think they have to trade him but his cap hit looks painful either way.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Then again, I'd much rather have wentz than anyone else in FA/trade other than watson/dak....Issue is, once again, that freaking contract.
The contract really isn't an issue at all for the Bears.

What he will cost in capital and his level of play are the issues.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Will Pace try to get Alshon at the same time and hope he can rebound? AROB likely out of the Bears' price range? Might not need to give up a lot if you help solve the Eagles' cap situation by taking Alshon as part of the deal.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I knew this was the Scrub the Bears were targeting. Looks like I’m a Bills fan now.. lol jk. But damn this sucks, can’t stand the Wentz brat

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why? They both are on massive overpay contracts and both suck and both are injury prone.
Lions can get out of Goff's contract in 2022 for 15mil if they release him or 0 if they trade him
Bears are on the hook for 25 mil in 2022 if they decide to move on.
Goff is slightly better, and a lot less injury prone.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wentz?!?

45c9f5c1eb703a76-.gif

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I’m going to be an Indy fan if this trade comes to fruition. Ballard is miles above Pace in GM ability.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Is Wentz a good collaborator? Word on the street is collaboration is key @ Halas Hall