Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're wrong but no reason arguing cause you can't ever admit it.

No reason arguing because you can't find any examples but you won't ever admit it.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to live somewhere in between those two. I don't always trust what Bears players say about their teammates because they're basically forced to be positive or else they're stamped with team cancer on their forehead.

I also don't think he's Adam Shaheen 2.0. All i'm saying is that he isn't a stud right now. Not saying he can't be. Not saying he will be. I'm simply calling things for what they currently are. Msadows calling him a stud isn't reality. If he wanted to say " I think he'll be a stud" then no problem.

This isn't hard to understand.
I agree today he is not a stud but I think he will be. Also its not just Graham or Bears players who think he will be good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree Pace is ass in the first round, but let’s be fair here, Roquan was the right pick and he’s certainty not a bust.

Honestly the only pick that’s inexcusable is the one that was most costly, Trubs. It’ll go down in infamy as the bears biggest draft mistake.

Did you miss me listing Roquan as an All Pro. No one said he was a bust. I said he fucked up 3 out of 4 picks.

He literally said he busted 4 while calling Roquan an all pro at the same time. He contradicts himself.

You are being dense. Earlier I said he busted 3 out of 4 picks. The bust 4 top 10 picks was referring to the fact he failed on 75% of them not that he failed on 100% of them. Roquan is obviously not a bust.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason arguing because you can't find any examples but you won't ever admit it.
Examples of what? You contradicting yourself in your own posts? Its just a few pages back.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He will be a stud going forward.

His potential is very high.

I think you fail to understand what player development is. Not surprising.

You can have very high hopes for a player when he's still not good yet.
I think you fail to understand the difference between someone arguing what is and what will be. You saying he will be a stud is fair. But the post im referring to wasn't that. You called him a stud.

Again, this isn't hard. You're either dumber than i thought or just looking to argue.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I agree today he is not a stud but I think he will be. Also its not just Graham or Bears players who think he will be good.

I think there is a major difference between grading a prospect as a stud and a developed player as a stud.

Mooney and Kmet both have the potential, imo, to be one of the best at their positions. That makes them studs to me.

I value potential talent a lot more than current talent when evaluating a roster. Mooney is as high as I've been on a WR the bears drafted in my lifetime.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kmet has potential but so did Kellen Davis . Do to our HCs incompetence we really don't have a decent sample size of Kmet

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The hate on here was strong for kmet, when he ran like 50 routes midway thru the season basically. The guy was barely used in the pass game.

Rookie TE's take a long AF time to adjust. Kmet had limited experience in college. It was always going to carry some growing pains.

Some people can't seem to evaluate prospects on here. If you don't show you are elite from day 1 you are trash. So many people on here hate to eat crow on the fact they thought monty was trash. Turns out he's just running behind a trash oline.
You've a got a real thing about complaining about complainers.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes, both mooney and Kmet look like fantastic upside prospects.

They are both studs to me until they prove otherwise. I expect both to develop into very good NFL players.
A post ago you said Kmet will be a stud and now he is one? Jesus Christ, you cant even keep track of the shit you say and its been 2 minutes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think you fail to understand the difference between someone arguing what is and what will be. You saying he will be a stud is fair. But the post im referring to wasn't that. You called him a stud.

Again, this isn't hard. You're either dumber than i thought or just looking to argue.

Once again, we all have different definitions of the word.

I was referring to a stud prospect, not an elite current NFL player.

You know, a guy who has the potential to develop into an elite NFL player.

I think kmet can be in that top 5 TE category in a few years. He's shown me enough to believe that.That makes him a stud to me.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You've a got a real thing about complaining about complainers.

This board has a real thing about complaining about everything.

You can thank all the shitty moderation on here.

It's a literal cunt fest. I apologize if someone has to call it out.

msadows

Liked Posts:
A post ago you said Kmet will be a stud and now he is one? Jesus Christ, you cant even keep track of the shit you say and its been 2 minutes.

Yes, they will be stud's.

They currently are elite prospects, to me.

You fail to understand patience.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
My take:

1) The Bears must get both a vet QB and a mid-late first or second round rookie QB. (Personally I favor OL in the first and QB in the second but that's a separate argument and already has been hashed to death)

2) Watson is the only one who would change the team's trajectory but they would have to go bankrupt to get him. I fall into the "hardly worth it" camp but I'll hold onto an optimistic perspective if it happens.

3) All the other QB options won't transform this to a winning team so the most important thing is to get value and NOT OVERPAY.

4) Wentz looked like a future HOFer as a rookie but the knock was his mobile/running style would get him hurt, and it did. We may never see him approach that ceiling again. Not the same player but the career trajectory of RG3 comes to mind.

5) I won't be any more pissed if they get Wentz than most of the other vets they are being linked to AS LONG AS THEY DON'T OVERPAY. If Pace can get him for Foles and a third I'd call it a win but it still wouldn't make them a playoff team in 2021.

6) When the next retread QB fails to elevate the offense above mid-tier Nagy will finally be played-out and on his way out of Chicago. If Pace overpays and the offense under-performs they will likely both be shown the door.

(This defense is not bailing them out by returning to 2018 form).

msadows

Liked Posts:
BTW, the post you keep quoting I said "Is looking like a stud".

As in, they will develop into an elite player down the road.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only remy will get this Wentz trade talk back to Pace's 1st round picks over the last 5 years. Don't feed him.

FX brought up Pace's first round picks not me.

dignan

Liked Posts:
Welp, sounds like fait accompli at this point and the price is not crippling if it's down to Foles, a future first, and any offensive player not named Montgomery/Mooney/Kmet/Mustipher/Daniels.

Trying to focus on the positives here... anybody care to add to make me feel better :)
- knows Reid's system
- reasonable cap # after philly eats 33 mill cap hit
- former mvp-caliber player acquired at lowest value
- uncharacteristic accuracy issues last year caused by bad mechanics that DeFilippo can hopefully fix - chronicled here by Brett Kollmann

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ehh, a lot of people were hating on kmet up until we actually started using him. You are right, however, the majority of the major hate was from some specific negative posters. Remy already labeled him a bust by midseason.

Strawman. I did not say he was a bust. I said his rookie year wasn't all that good because it wasn't. And yes I still would have drafted Claypool over him. Sorry.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Examples of what? You contradicting yourself in your own posts? Its just a few pages back.

No of a GM doing so poorly with 4 top 10 picks. I did not contradict myself. As a collective group, Pace's top 10 picks were a bust. You agreed with White and 4M and then the only one I questioned that you had as a success was Floyd. Roquan was never a bust. The point is failing on 3 out of 4 picks makes your 4 top 10 picks a bust. It is quite stupid to think I was actually calling Roquan a bust when I listed him as an All Pro.

So again, which other GM fucked up 4 top 10 picks (collectively) and still kept their job?