Bear's blame themselves not the officials in loss to lowly Lions

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/18/bears-blame-themselves-not-officials-in-loss-to-lions/

At least they got that part right today.

It seemed the Bears had made a big play just before halftime Sunday against the Lions when linebacker Jonathan Anderson caught a deflected pass in the end zone for what was initially ruled an interception. Then, it got confusing.

An official review overturned the call, awarding the Lions’ Golden Tate a touchdown, much to the dismay of the Bears, who didn’t believe he ever had control of the ball.

The NFL explained the decision soon after.

“(Golden Tate) had demonstrated possession (and) had become a runner,” NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said on NFL Network. “Once the ball breaks the plane of the goal line in possession of a runner, it is a touchdown and the play is over at that point.”

Tweeted former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira: “That’s incredible to me … but that’s New York’s judgement that he had become a runner. I disagree with the call.”

The Lions took a 21-13 lead into halftime after the ruling. Bears personnel on the sideline expressed outrage, to no avail. In a gamewhere every point proved to be crucial, Detroit earned a 37-34 overtime victory over Chicago. That strange play was among the many moments with which to reflect from a wild game.

In a somber postgame scene, the Bears looked back on the interception that wasn’t.

“We’re not allowed to talk about officials,” said Bears coach John Fox, whose explanation from referee Walt Coleman pointed to how Tate was upright upon receiving the football.

Added Bears linebacker Sam Acho: “I can’t call that one; I’m not a ref.”

Quarterback Jay Cutler declined to touch on officiating, stating the NFL’s policy for fines. Several calls from the referees led to questions.

With under a minute left in the game, Bears linebacker Pernell McPhee was called for a roughing the passer on a play in which it appeared he was pushed into Lions quarter Matt Stafford by a lineman. On the 57-yard catch by Calvin Johnson to set up the game-winning field goal for the Lions in overtime, it appeared Bears edge rusher Willie Young was held in front of Coleman’s eyes.

But at the end of the day, the Bears had plenty of chances to win the game and couldn’t pull it off.

“The game was basically given to us,” Bears running back Matt Forte said. “We had a lot of opportunities to win that game.”

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was the 3rd time in the last 4 games that a play was reviewed and all the announcers and guest officiating expert all agreed that the call is obvious for the Bears and the call went against us.

Today: Tate interception/catch

Chiefs: 2 point conversion when we clearly went over the goal line, reviewed, nope

Seahawks : Punt off the Seahawks leg ( my worst of all three)

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
It was the 3rd time in the last 4 games that a play was reviewed and all the announcers and guest officiating expert all agreed that the call is obvious for the Bears and the call went against us.

Chiefs: 2 point conversion when we clearly went over the goal line, reviewed, nope

Refs have been bad but the Bears could have won those games and could have still won today regardless.

No doubt it's frustrating to see them hose the Bears but they are not the reason the Bears lost today.

Like I said in another post, if the Bears played a much more flawless game I would have been livid with the refs. Unfortunately today, the refs were just another reason, in a long list of reasons as to why the Bears lost.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
RT @Ky1eLong I played like dog shit today. Missed blocks, holding penalties. You should never hear my name. Sorry Chicago. You deserve great

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Two weeks to fix it, I mean the bears not the refs.

v-:

mecha

Liked Posts:
all the people that were talking about getting a winning record after the Vikings game can sit in the corner now.

.500 isn't coming until the end of November.

#calledit

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
John Fox plays dumb about his time mismanagement.

That really pissed me off.

At least be honest you fucking moron, we are not stupid.

Lol For Fox sake.....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Newblood

Liked Posts:
all the people that were talking about getting a winning record after the Vikings game can sit in the corner now.

.500 isn't coming until the end of November.

#calledit

Obviously won't happen immediately after the Vikings game, but they could beat the Vikings.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RT @Ky1eLong I played like dog shit today. Missed blocks, holding penalties. You should never hear my name. Sorry Chicago. You deserve great

At least he admits it, and thus, will be better off for it!! But the last time I saw a woopen like that, was in a Mississippi Woodshed..

beardashus

Liked Posts:

Chiefs: 2 point conversion when we clearly went over the goal line, reviewed, no

Rodger Goodell is a cheating blow tard and the Bears like all millionaires aren't stupid enough to give their money away by telling the truth.They probably would be more upset if the post game spread had the wrong barbecue sauce or they forgot Jay's Grey Poupon . They seem quite comfortable being the new Washington Generals.

Meanwhile NFL refs have sucked dog balls and swallowed for years and those were the decent crews.From the tuck rule to today's patty cake touchdown and late hit on a shoe lace the league is infested with a cancer more befitting investment banking.

No one could be as incompetent or as arbitrary (especially with replay) as these refs. This is a no accountability system supported by a no accountability press and announcers controlled by the league. Fuck em all with wormy herpes.

beardashus

Liked Posts:
"Like I said in another post, if the Bears played a much more flawless game I would have been livid with the refs. Unfortunately today, the refs were just another reason, in a long list of reasons as to why the Bears lost."

Yes minus the seven at the end of the first half (henceforth dubbed the Golden Gift) the Bears win. Style points and flawlessness are for figure skating and fashion shows and possibly Willy Gault's scrotum tattoo . Getting one up the ying yang from a zebra is not football ( I googled it) and is considered a crime in most northern states not named Wisconsin.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lloyd's flared nostrils belie the truth.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
as they say...you never leave it up to the officials to decide the game...that being said..there were a plethora of plays the bears could and should have made...

well..at least it's bye week...so one less stressful sunday coming..

wonder if pace is going to try and make some moves now that there is some "down time"

mecha

Liked Posts:
Obviously won't happen immediately after the Vikings game, but they could beat the Vikings.

they were supposed to win against a winless team too. :lmao:

as for the refs. I have to really admire the fact that like a week after the game is played and the outcome is decided that they come out and are like "yeah, that botched call you were all mad about? yeah, we got that wrong and we're sorry" as if it fucking makes it any better. I'd rather you just not say anything at that point you fascist cunts.