Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Doubt this helps at all.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not expected to make the 53 man roster, they want him for the practice squad. But, he can decline it and this would be a waste.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better fit in a power blocking scheme, but w/ only 4-6 days to learn the playbook and play on Thursday... he won't make the team

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Better fit in a power blocking scheme, but w/ only 4-6 days to learn the playbook and play on Thursday... he won't make the team

He'd fit right in then, there are at least two starting o-lineman on the Bears that might as well not know the playbook either.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless we get like Jake Long and Ryan Clady, I don't care.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be a sick OT combo, but one is meant for a power blocking scheme (Long) and the other is a perfect fit in a ZBS (Clady)

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Unless we get like Jake Long and Ryan Clady, I don't care.

This line doesn't need to be "spectacular" or even "very good", just having an "average" line would probably make this team infinitely better than their outlook right now.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I agree with Lefty.

I think that Cutler is a good enough QB that with a average Oline, we would be a better team. This Oline is way below average.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or a line like 04-06 where the run was pretty good, like the Jets now, so it frees some shit up a bit. I like Chris Williams at LT tbh, but someone like Gaither wouldn't be bad at RT. Then Beekman at LG, hopefully a C through the draft...and a RG too. Lol. We're fucked.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Or a line like 04-06 where the run was pretty good, like the Jets now, so it frees some shit up a bit. I like Chris Williams at LT tbh, but someone like Gaither wouldn't be bad at RT. Then Beekman at LG, hopefully a C through the draft...and a RG too. Lol. We're fucked.

Cutler would own if we had our line from 04-06. That Tait-Ruben Brown-Kreutz-Garza-Fred Miller line was great until Brown and Fred Miller got too old.. Tait was still good in 08 at RT and probably could have played last season.

Lefty

Liked Posts:

We'll see how Williams plays out, but he's going to have to get real good real fast in order to be on-pace to have a respectable starting-LT career. And never, under any circumstances, should you put the terms "starting" and "Beekman" together.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll see how Williams plays out, but he's going to have to get real good real fast in order to be on-pace to have a respectable starting-LT career. And never, under any circumstances, should you put the terms "starting" and "Beekman" together.

Don't think so? I always thought or run game was improved when Beekman was in. But we could've played horrible teams and I haven't taken any stats into account.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
This line doesn't need to be "spectacular" or even "very good", just having an "average" line would probably make this team infinitely better than their outlook right now.

Average would be nice.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Don't think so? I always thought or run game was improved when Beekman was in. But we could've played horrible teams and I haven't taken any stats into account.

No way, Beekman was a sieve last season and hasn't looked improved so far this season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
No way, Beekman was a sieve last season and hasn't looked improved so far this season.

Plugging in a player for an awful one at a point in mid season isn't a effective measuring of talent. Plus with the way the team looked better there even with Omiyale after Pace left shows some issue was on his side... Goes along with how Garza was onced thought as garbage by so many until the past 2 years because of how bad Fred Miller was in 07 or when Tait was struggling admittedly with injuries that RT season 08.

Beekman didn't seem to be good at center this preseason though,he seemed overwhelmed too quick off the snap like he have the quickness needed or ability to set himself up to NTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.