Bears Considered Vincent Jackson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are one of three teams that considered making a run at Chargers WR Vincent Jackson who is beeing shopped and on the trade block. But a trae is a long shot. Twitter / Adam Schefter: Three teams that have deba ...

I would love the Bears to get VJ but not for the prise. I think he will cost a 1st round pich and maybe something else. And the Bears need to keep there 1st round pick this year.

Thoughts?

bulldog1205

Liked Posts:
I just can't see it. First off, we can't afford to give up a first round draft pick for him. Although I'm one who is sold on our current receiving core. But second, if we trade for him we will have to sign him long term, and I just didn't think we had that money. If we do, why weren't we offering players like Atogwe?

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just can't see it. First off, we can't afford to give up a first round draft pick for him. Although I'm one who is sold on our current receiving core. But second, if we trade for him we will have to sign him long term, and I just didn't think we had that money. If we do, why weren't we offering players like Atogwe?

Atogwe was over-rated. Never all pro or made a pro bowl.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm fine with the Bears WR also, they can't improve if they don't play and not they could. I think that is the best move, standing pat on the WR group.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I really need the Bears to not trade away their next #1 pick so I can actually watch the first night of the NFL Draft for a change. It's been boring without them in it the last two years.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'd like Vincent... gives us a number one guy.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackson doesn't fit Mike Martz's system and the Bears can't afford to keep giving away top draft picks

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Jackson doesn't fit Mike Martz's system and the Bears can't afford to keep giving away top draft picks

Jackson fits any system. He's one of the best WRs in the NFL. He can do it all.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I think it'd be silly to make a move for him,especially when he'd be demanding Brandon Marshall type money.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I was for it before I realized he wants way to much money and should be suspended 2-4 games next season.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would take a 1st rounder, someone like Danieal Manning, and a 2nd probably. I'm content with our group of receivers, but VJ is one of my favorite wideouts.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Also, I know it's a bit over the top,and perhaps it had a bit more to do with Kurt Warner coming out of nowhere but Holt,Bruce,Az-Hakim were all young-unknowns when they blew up that season. Not to mention Marshal Faulk playing like Jesus Christ's illegitmate son. So,yeah in summary, the development needs to progress before another 1st rounder goes to pasture for a "superstar" that's going to demand top dollar.

Also,if this all blows up,and Angelo and co. are fired,sure it leaves the team with some good players but not much cap room beyond next year to actually build a team.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, I know it's a bit over the top,and perhaps it had a bit more to do with Kurt Warner coming out of nowhere but Holt,Bruce,Az-Hakim were all young-unknowns when they blew up that season. Not to mention Marshal Faulk playing like Jesus Christ's illegitmate son. So,yeah in summary, the development needs to progress before another 1st rounder goes to pasture for a "superstar" that's going to demand top dollar.

Also,if this all blows up,and Angelo and co. are fired,sure it leaves the team with some good players but not much cap room beyond next year to actually build a team.

Yeah, watch Johnny Knox blossom into a productive receiver when he was like a 5th rounder and nobody knew about him. Hester can perform well, same with Bennett and Aromashodu. It all depends on their mentality.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree there is no reason these guys cannot develop into some stud WR's. But god think of how sexy Vincent Jackson in a Bears Uni would look.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
If we did this we would have a logjam at WR. Hester and Aroma would never reach their potential. We need to bite the bullet and see what we have at that position. I really think Aroma can be a #1 WR.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
Not to mention he wants more money than Brandon Marshall, which if anyone gives him that their stupid. He's older and not near as good as Marshall.

chicagoboy2

Liked Posts:
Not to mention he wants more money than Brandon Marshall, which if anyone gives him that their stupid. He's older and not near as good as Marshall.

yes, Bears do not need to cost a 1st round pich.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would take a 1st rounder, someone like Danieal Manning, and a 2nd probably. I'm content with our group of receivers, but VJ is one of my favorite wideouts.
:rolling:
If Greg Olsen could only fetch a 6th round pick, what makes you think Manning has trade value?

Status
Not open for further replies.