Bears - Do not repeat the same mistakes with Trubisky!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Do not turn on Trubisky over GB! Stay the course and develop him. The Bears have gone through 40 QBs in 20 years. It has to stop.

Do not change the coach. Time to establish an offensive philosophy.

The QB can not play scared. The only way he will learn is to be allowed to make mistakes.

Chase Daniel is NOT the answer.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You might want to address this to the fans.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No one is clamouring for Daniel but the fact is Mitch started fucking himself with those awful passes in that game. Only one td WILL NOT CUT IT in the NFL

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
They have no choice but to develop him. Hope he shows some growth this season. Pace/Nagy/MT are all going to sink or swim together for the next 2 years.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
We tolerated Cutler for 9 years, I think we can give Mitch at least 9.

Just kidding, we'll give him 2.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
This is the NFL.

If he improves throughout the year, great. If he shows you by his play that he is NOT the guy. You move on. Relegate him to the backup role / bring in competition. Period.

Nobody's giving up on him 100%, even me and I'm cunting on this board left and right. But bottom line, he looked like trash. Dude has to be better at some point. It's WAY too early to make true value judgements. However, in this league you aren't entitled to anything. If he shits the bed constantly on a talented team overall, it will stick out like a sore thumb. All he has to do is be better for a good chunk of the season. If not, too bad.

I *hope* it was not indicative of what he's gonna be, but Sunday night was not a great sign.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good Christ. HOF QBs have looked worse thru just 8 starts.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
For référence, it was Grossman that the fan base helped to ruin.

Cutler, luckily, didn’t care... as much.

Hopefully, Mitch can learn to whom he needs to hear. The boo birds who shit out what they eat without actually taking anything in...

Or we who are still patient (even beyond 28 years).

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, giving up on under-performing QBs too early has definitely been the major error of this franchise lately :yep:

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I haven't given up on Tribisky yet....BUT.....

The problem with this argument is that it was used for Cutler. In year 6....and 7......and 8.....and 9.......

Basically his entire career.

I get what you're saying and I don't disagree. But do you really want to go through the "wait on his potential" again? And to be honest, I don't see any 'special' about Trubs. He's kind of just a guy right now. At least Cutty had a cannon for an arm that stuck out....

BEARS

Monster

Liked Posts:
Give him 3 complete seasons... which they will. I’m more worried if he’s bad we Cutler up for a decade.

Should draft a QB in 2020 regardless... always be thinking of that positions future...

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't given up on Tribisky yet....BUT.....

The problem with this argument is that it was used for Cutler. In year 6....and 7......and 8.....and 9.......

Basically his entire career.

I get what you're saying and I don't disagree. But do you really want to go through the "wait on his potential" again? And to be honest, I don't see any 'special' about Trubs. He's kind of just a guy right now. At least Cutty had a cannon for an arm that stuck out....

BEARS

This is the thing that makes me think, i can't see anything special in him too. Cutler's talent was not questionable, top 5 talent imho, you never want to give up on a talent like that. Trubisky is not that talented and so far he has shown very little if not nothing