Bears draft grade

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ryan Pace is pretty damn good at drafting aside from the QB position and his tendency to get way to aggressive.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Great draft class. Not even close to redeeming himself from epically failing on a 2/3 shot at drafting the bears first franchise QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is pretty damn good at drafting aside from the QB position and his tendency to get way to aggressive.

Not sure if anyone saw it, but some nerd on reddit compared the bears drafting(based on AV).

TLDR, ryan pace ranks 13th.

This draft will probably be his best. Mooney, Kmet, and JJ all seem like 10 year starters if they don't catch the injury bug. Not bad without a first round pick. Vildor at the very least will be solid depth.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Great draft class. Not even close to redeeming himself from epically failing on a 2/3 shot at drafting the bears first franchise QB.

Honestly, thats the only draft pick I blame him for.

I think he did a pretty solid job other than that(besides neglecting the oline in this past years draft, but i'll forgive him since he found 3 skill position players)

Still, botching that QB pick when you are drafting #2 overall is a massive failure.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace has found a lot of drafted talent. It’s the only reason he still has a job.

However he has royally fucked up the two biggest and most important decisions he’s had to make. Other mistakes are whatever imo. GM’s miss in the draft and in FA, it happens. Missing on Mitch and then Nagy will be his undoing unless he can find a way this offseason to acquire a QB that makes Nagy look good.

I hope he can work it out because he does have some talent evaluation skills and if the QB is solved I do think he can keep the team talented. The problem is I have 0 faith in him to do so.

Nagy should’ve been fired for sure. Not firing him to me feels like missing out on Shanahan to keep Fox. I wanted Arthur Smith. I’m not sure if he’ll be as successful as Shanny but IMO his offensive philosophy translates well to grooming a young QB.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if anyone saw it, but some nerd on reddit compared the bears drafting(based on AV).

TLDR, ryan pace ranks 13th.

This draft will probably be his best. Mooney, Kmet, and JJ all seem like 10 year starters if they don't catch the injury bug. Not bad without a first round pick. Vildor at the very least will be solid depth.

Kmet is no 10 year starter, not even close

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-huddle/2011/12/jerry-angelo-a-complete-draft-history
Umm no, 82 picks in 10 years only 12 avg or better picks. Yes he drafted lance briggs matt forte nathan vasher devin hester Alex Brown and charles tillman tank johnson tommie harris(he never got back to his dominate self after injury so kinda a shit pick since he had the iniury history) I really only see 4 really good picks here. Devin hester charles tillman lance briggs matt forte Alex Brown I guess honorable pick... In 10 years 5 pro bowl or better players, don't get me started on his FA pickups....

In 32 picks pace has done a better job, jury is still out on if any of them will have a lance briggs or charles tillman career but I see more hope and a bigger sample over a shorter time and significantly less picks.

Screenshot_20210217-090455120.jpg
PS kevin white never showed a history of injuries that was just unpredictable... Roquan whitehair and montgomery should be upgraded on this list, jordan downgraded, leonard floyd was solid imo, showed it on the rams. Anthony Miller could be argued as a better WR than jerry ever drafted. James Daniels could be said the same for oline jerry drafted. James Daniels imo is solid and so is bilal nichols. FA is way better under pace. This doesn't even include vildor, johnson, kmet, Mooney.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, thats the only draft pick I blame him for.

I think he did a pretty solid job other than that(besides neglecting the oline in this past years draft, but i'll forgive him since he found 3 skill position players)

Still, botching that QB pick when you are drafting #2 overall is a massive failure.
Gave up a 4th to move up for Miller ? . Picked up a 4th on trade down for Shaheen. That 4th netted Cohen:).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kmet is no 10 year starter, not even close
I think it's a bit premature to claim what he is or isn't going to be. He had some flashes, but he's got to figure out how to run with the ball. I know he wants to run through a brick wall anytime he gets it, but maybe use a bit of finesse every once in awhile.