1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Good move. He was awful, if only we could get rid of Omiyale's contract :smh:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well in theory if they are moving Williams back to LT, there should be no need for him. That makes Omiyale a swing tackle ahead of him and they have their project RT Herman Johnson at the moment.

Felt it could happen. Looks like it will, and that makes sense.

Look up Omiyales contract, why at all do you want to get rid of that?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
IDK, Williams played LT fairly well the last 5 games of 09, he played 1 full game then 3 snaps this season and it WAS the best move for the line to put him in at LG this year.

Most people seem to have written him off because either the preseason game against the Raiders or they believe coaches are always lying and that Tice decided he can't play LT so moved him to LG.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Chris Williams was decent to good at LG. The Bears would be smart not to screw with that now just because they so badly want him to be their LT. There are tackles in this draft that will be at the Bears first two picks who most likely will be better as a tackle than Williams.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Williams was decent to good at LG. The Bears would be smart not to screw with that now just because they so badly want him to be their LT. There are tackles in this draft that will be at the Bears first two picks who most likely will be better as a tackle than Williams.
1. :lmao:
Chris Williams is a bad, bad LG. He's not suited to play inside at all. His skillset is best outside as a tackle.
2. So you're saying they shouldn't move him from LG, where he royally sucked, and move him to LT, where he's had a grand total of 6 games at LT to show if he can play there. And in those 6 games he played quite well. And where have you heard they "badly" want him to be their LT? If they don't draft a LT in the 1st or 2nd round, he'll compete for the starting LT job which he'll likely win.
3. The OTs in this draft aren't that good and it's one of the weakest in a few years.

I see Chris Williams playing LT,J'Marcus Webb playing RT, Olin Kreutz at C, and 2 new OGs via the draft or FA starting for the 2011-2012 season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I agree with USC, except while in the minority it seems, I believe they actually will let Kruetz go and definitely keep Garza. I also doubt they've given up on Lance Louis. If Kruetz stays, I'm sure Garza also stays at RG. Then they need to add a LG and prospect C.

I could see them skipping Kruetz, drafting a center high but playing Garza at center for 1 year with the rookie playing guard and Louis being the other guard.

BTW speaking of Shaffer being gone and his only main purpose most of the later year being goalline packages, If Louis doesn't look to earn a guard spot I wish they would move him to Manumaluena's position. He was a TE for two years in college and a better blocker, It sure seems he could be better than mr. BM

WearShades

Liked Posts:
1. :lmao:
Chris Williams is a bad, bad LG. He's not suited to play inside at all. His skillset is best outside as a tackle.
2. So you're saying they shouldn't move him from LG, where he royally sucked, and move him to LT, where he's had a grand total of 6 games at LT to show if he can play there. And in those 6 games he played quite well. And where have you heard they "badly" want him to be their LT? If they don't draft a LT in the 1st or 2nd round, he'll compete for the starting LT job which he'll likely win.

So you're saying he doesn't have the skills to handle the LG spot (which requires the same skills at LT minus speed) and you want to put him on an island at LT? That's like saying you don't think a basketball player is tall enough to play power forward, let's put him at center. I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about.

3. The OTs in this draft aren't that good and it's one of the weakest in a few years.

I completely disagree with you, and so do many talent evaluators. Senior Bowl notes | National Football Post

Solder, Carimi, Castonzo and Sherrod amongst others look like solid future pro-OTs. I agree this year's group isn't quite as good as last years but there is plenty to like.

I see Chris Williams playing LT,J'Marcus Webb playing RT, Olin Kreutz at C, and 2 new OGs via the draft or FA starting for the 2011-2012 season.

Then you see an offensive line that will give up even more sacks in 2011 than 2010.