Bears: Five Early Free Agent Targets for 2018

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Was just drafted two weeks ago.....:obama:

Yep, but everyone knows the bears build thru free agency, which is why we have been in this state for so long. I want to hear about home grown talent and no need to go buy a team. Buy a piece, sure, but these articles want you to buy a whole team. We are up to 12 so far this year.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
pace is not signing any of those guys..he may show interest but ultimately they will sign with other clubs who offer more money. Dolphins will have cap space to tag landry.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Eh. Watkins played 8 games in 2016 AKA twice as many as Kevin White has been healthy for in his 2 years in the league. Watkins played 13 games in 2015 and all 16 as a rookie. He has had a lot of injuries, but has been on the field in 37 of a possible 48 games. I'd take Watkins in a heartbeat. I'm also going to guess he gets a 1-year "prove it" deal similar to Alshon and Pryor.

I'd also love to have Sammy Watkins.

Julio Jones missed 14 games his first 3 years (Watkins has missed 11) and was able to bounce back. Only difference is production since one had Matt Ryan throwing him the ball while the other had EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton, and Tyrod Taylor.

I think Watkins hits the open market; he seems unhappy in that BUF offense and I don't blame him. Plus, the organization is a mess with the whole firing of the GM thing after the draft.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Jarvis Landry

The Dolphins are like 20 million over the cap next season. The Bears get a really good slot WR who fits the mood of guys who Trubisky has had success with.

I'm not a cap guy, but I'd like him and Trumaine Johnson if possible. Finally get a long-term #1 corner.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd also love to have Sammy Watkins.

Julio Jones missed 14 games his first 3 years (Watkins has missed 11) and was able to bounce back. Only difference is production since one had Matt Ryan throwing him the ball while the other had EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton, and Tyrod Taylor.

I think Watkins hits the open market; he seems unhappy in that BUF offense and I don't blame him. Plus, the organization is a mess with the whole firing of the GM thing after the draft.

Good point re: Julio. Forgot he was once injury prone also. Watkins though has a career 16 yards per catch. Several 100 yard games. Almost a TD every other game. And he'll be a 24 year old free agent.