Bears Free Agency, cut, keep or open to negotiation

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Excluding Mitch - there's a billion threads on this already. Who do the Bears keep, who do they cut, who might there still be room for renegotiation?

The pending UFAs:
  • Wide receiver Allen Robinson
  • Returners Cordarrelle Patterson, Dwayne Harris and DeAndre Carter
  • Defensive linemen Roy Robertson-Harris, John Jenkins, Daniel McCullers, Brent Urban and Mario Edwards Jr.
  • Defensive backs DeAndre Houston-Carson, Tashaun Gipson, Sherrick McManis, Deon Bush and Artie Burns
  • Offensive linemen Germain Ifedi and Jason Spriggs
  • Outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo
  • Tight end Demetrius Harris
  • Kicker Cairo Santos
  • Punter Pat O’Donnell
  • Long snapper Patrick Scales
The Bears have two restricted free agents — offensive lineman Rashaad Coward and kicker Eddy Pineiro — and six exclusive-rights free agents: tight end J.P. Holtz, outside linebacker James Vaughters, inside linebacker Josh Woods, offensive lineman Alex Bars, running back Ryan Nall and cornerback Michael Joseph.

Plus, how much would its cost to kick Wims to the sidewalk??

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
If the Bears let ARob walk, will they have the shittiest WR corps in the league? Mooney looks like a future stud, but not a #1 high-volume type just yet. Not sure what other FA options there are out there.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Santos deal should be coming soon. You might have to wait a bit to see what shakes out with the org before deciding on what tag to apply to Arob, or let him walk. I think they have until March to decide. Bars one year deal as a backup to Whitehair when Daniles comes back.

Mingo should have played himself into a 2 year deal
probably extend Scales / possibly O'Donnell just to keep that group in tact, they were pretty solid for the most part

The rest are completely replaceable. Holtz should be cut today, he's fucking useless as is Nall, Coward, Pineiro, Woods, etc.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So much of this depends on what the pricetags are and that's something fans cannot reasonably know at this time. I'd personally love to have Allen Robinson II, Mario Edwards Jr., Brent Urban and DeAndre Houston-Carson back but I dont know if those guys will find better deals elsewhere.

The only guy I would bring back of the UFA's no matter what is Cairo Santos.

I'd bring back all the ERFA's since there's really no harm in it, even though I think I've seen enough from Ryan Nall to know what his NFL ceiling is.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
RRH/Urban/Mario Edwards/Santos

that’s all I’d want to bring back

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If the Bears let ARob walk, will they have the shittiest WR corps in the league? Mooney looks like a future stud, but not a #1 high-volume type just yet. Not sure what other FA options there are out there.
Lots of WR options in FA and the draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Been saying this a lot....if we want to keep him we can franchise him for 16m. It's what they wanted to pay him in the offseason....

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If the Bears let Robinson II walk it signals to me that they are looking for wide receivers elsewhere in free agency at more reasonable prices or, more likely, are looking to draft one early.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If the Bears let Robinson II walk it signals to me that they are looking for wide receivers elsewhere in free agency at more reasonable prices or, more likely, are looking to draft one early.

Then what is the point?

Letting Arob walk then drafting a WR at #20 would be such a pace move.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Then what is the point?

I can see the point actually. For one Robinson II is going to be extremely expensive and very in demand around the league, the Bears are going to be competing with about a dozen teams for him and nobody knows that better than Robinson II. The franchise tag is not going to work here for this reason. Robinson II knows this is his big chance to cash in a second time.

Second its very reasonable to predict Robinson II's best years are behind him and whatever money you fork over to him is really for past performance and not what he projects to do in the future.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Excluding Mitch - there's a billion threads on this already. Who do the Bears keep, who do they cut, who might there still be room for renegotiation?

The pending UFAs:
  • Wide receiver Allen Robinson
  • Returners Cordarrelle Patterson, Dwayne Harris and DeAndre Carter
  • Defensive linemen Roy Robertson-Harris, John Jenkins, Daniel McCullers, Brent Urban and Mario Edwards Jr.
  • Defensive backs DeAndre Houston-Carson, Tashaun Gipson, Sherrick McManis, Deon Bush and Artie Burns
  • Offensive linemen Germain Ifedi and Jason Spriggs
  • Outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo
  • Tight end Demetrius Harris
  • Kicker Cairo Santos
  • Punter Pat O’Donnell
  • Long snapper Patrick Scales
The Bears have two restricted free agents — offensive lineman Rashaad Coward and kicker Eddy Pineiro — and six exclusive-rights free agents: tight end J.P. Holtz, outside linebacker James Vaughters, inside linebacker Josh Woods, offensive lineman Alex Bars, running back Ryan Nall and cornerback Michael Joseph.

Plus, how much would its cost to kick Wims to the sidewalk??
god they better keeps santos

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Then what is the point?

Free agents that are good aren’t reasonably priced.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see the point actually. For one Robinson II is going to be extremely expensive and very in demand around the league, the Bears are going to be competing with about a dozen teams for him and nobody knows that better than Robinson II. The franchise tag is not going to work here for this reason. Robinson II knows this is his big chance to cash in a second time.

Second its very reasonable to predict Robinson II's best years are behind him and whatever money you fork over to him is really for past performance and not what he projects to do in the future.
He can't refuse the franchise tag if it's designated exclusively. He'd have a one year deal for $18M or whatever that number is, fully guaranteed. They could still work out a contract up until July. His only option would be to not sign and hold out.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then what is the point?

Free agents that are good aren’t reasonably priced.
I suppose it all depends on what the Bears have in mind at the QB position. I want to say the Bears are ready to move on from Mitch. If so, what's the replacement, and damn, don't say Foles. If the Bears look towards a vet. then they might want to consider keeping Arod. If the idea is draft a QB, then you don't need Arob.