Bears going against the best defensive opponent this year so far.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We are a weaker OLine without Long. If you wonder how we could lose this game, go to the Youtube Viking/Bills Highlight Video. There will be 8 men in the box almost the entire game. Trubs will have his hands full with their pressure

Then Burton and Cohen should be open all day against man coverage. Miller too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question. Would you start the Bills defense this week or leave your bye defense in? I’m in a 16 team league and defenses can score negative points. Here’s their stats for the year. Only other available defense is TB.

d66c7d2a08575a58b94a629819cb2f53.png

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question. Would you start the Bills defense this week or leave your bye defense in? I’m in a 16 team league and defenses can score negative points. Here’s their stats for the year. Only other available defense is TB.

d66c7d2a08575a58b94a629819cb2f53.png

I'd put the Bills in. Looks like they average a couple of sacks a game and they're over due for an INT maybe two.

I think it will end up being a low score snooze fest like the first 3 quarters of the Jets game. All the Bears are going to do is run plays and screens.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't put the Bills D in. Their offense is rookie Kyle Orton Bears esque. That offense managed to make two of the worst defenses in the NFL(Colts and New England) look like world beaters... Never say never, grown man's league, any given Sunday, etc... but there's a slim chance of anything changing.

They might hang close for the first half, but eventually I see the Bears breaking it open with some turnovers, and we'll steadily gain more favorable field position with the Bills D being tired.

Bills D is excellent, I'd give them the edge over our Offense everything being equal, but that offense would make it difficult for me to take the chance on their D, because you know for a fact the other team's offense is gonna get a helluva lot of opportunities with 3 & outs, conservative gameplanning and turnovers coming from the Bills offense.

rico99

Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears scores no points , Peterman will have 7 to 12 interceptions and the Bears defense will be able to score a minimum of 28 points

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
In terms of yards given up the Bills are the best...in terms of points allowed the Pats were the best.....

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I agree were not a potent passing attack yet, the fact we try going deep so often makes defenses game plan for it. They don't stack the line often with Nagy calling plays. Not sure why our run game has fallen off.
Without having re-watched the games to confirm this, it does seem like opposing defenses stack the line when Howard is in the backfield. It should be easy enough to counter with play- action.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Without having re-watched the games to confirm this, it does seem like opposing defenses stack the line when Howard is in the backfield. It should be easy enough to counter with play- action.

Or a Howard screen. It's not been used enough and would blow an 8 man front, teeing off on the run wide open.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or a Howard screen. It's not been used enough and would blow an 8 man front, teeing off on the run wide open.
Or even releasing Howard and hitting him a few yards deep. If memory serves they tried it last week but the throw was off target.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As a cool, calm and collected poster, I will call it a draw at this point. The answer lies somewhere in the middle. The homers see no bad, the pessimists see no good.

I just see it as It's about f***in time the BEARs are RELEVANT again.... I don't even care how long, but ya never know. If the BEARs pull a NICE upset Victory against a "Powerful" team The Sky is the Limit