Bears' Hanie expects injured shoulder to be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
hanie-cbs-getty.jpg

Bears backup quarterback Caleb Hanie throws a pass during Saturday's preseason game in San Diego. (Getty)

By Brad Biggs

BOURBONNAIS -- Caleb Hanie still is awaiting results from an MRI on his right shoulder, but said Monday he doesn't believe he is in jeopardy of losing his job as the Bears' No. 2 quarterback.

Hanie is wearing a sling on his right arm to protect his shoulder, which was injured when Chargers linebacker Antwan Applewhite sacked him Saturday night and drove his shoulder into the turf.

Hanie said the injury involves the AC joint and that no surgery will be required.

"I've never missed any games, so if I have to miss a game this is new territory," Hanie said. "I'm not worried about losing my (No. 2) job. That's not even a worry for me. What I have is not a season-ending injury, not half-season, not even beginning of the season. I am definitely not worried about losing my position.

"The MRI was just precautionary. I don't show any signs of structural damage. I expect (the MRI) to come back positively negative."

More...

Wrigley

Liked Posts:
Definitely good news. He looked fairly good, but shoulder injuries, especially surgeries can really mess up a QB's arm long-term.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like he escaped a major injury. He looked good, and he looked bad and inexperienced against San Diego, but he's fine as a backup.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are expected to sign another QB this week.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
IF Hainie is OK, then why are Da BEARS looking for another QB ?

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
He doesn't need surgery; that's the important thing. But we still need a QB to throw passes during preseason games.

Crooked Vulture

Liked Posts:
Shoulda signed Bulger before...the Bears do not look like a playoff team, but if Cutler goes down for the season, we are burnt toast.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shoulda signed Bulger before...the Bears do not look like a playoff team, but if Cutler goes down for the season, we are burnt toast.
Bulger would've been a pricey backup and after spending a ton on Peppers, Chester Taylor, and Brandon Manumaleuna, the Bears are all but maxed out. They cut AB in a salary move since he would've made $5 million this season, not because they wanted to give the younger guys PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.