CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Problems doesn't exactly we can't do well. We made the Super Bowl in 2006 with one GIANT problem at the QB position which can arguably be the most important position on the field.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Can't disagree with the fact that Jerry has done a horrible job of building in the trenches, but sometimes columnists like this wear on me:

"Thing is, Angelo has never put the ball in play with an offensive lineman he's drafted. Ever."

Really, Dan? Is Chris Williams really that long ago? If he had rephrased it to say "they've never begun a season with a lineman Angelo's drafted", OK. I guess being pissy and negative sells, even if a "journalist" doesn't take the time to either write what he means or do the slightest bit of homework before attacking the keyboard (he didn't do either of the two, whatever his intentions).

Livewire

Liked Posts:
We have 3 big weaknesses...

1. Our Secondary, this can be masked if we can put pressure on the quarterback. Every year I keep hearing from our coaching staff how that is the #1 goal (getting to the QB) and how we will be better at it... it never happens. We need pressure, and if we don't get it from our front 4 then Rod better design some schemes where we can blitz a lot more. Not just try and mask it with soft coverage like the last 2 years.

2. Our receivers, this can be masked with good quarterback play and the fact we don't rely on one target, we don't have a superstar but we have a lot of capable decent players that will help us spread the ball around.

3. Our offensive line, this cannot be masked and will be the downfall of our team. 2 years ago Angelo realized we had huge issues on the defensive line and then hire Rod Marinelli to coach our way out of the situation... this year he finally realized you need the talent there to succeed and got Peppers. Hiring Tice does not fix the situation and you cannot coach your way out of it. Our offensive line is the reason we will miss the post season this year.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I agree completely with everything you said, Livewire. I'm afraid I would also add the D-line to that if Tommie doesn't start playing close to like he did his first couple of years. I'm totally pumped about watching Peppers, but a hobbled Tommie or one other injury would kill us up front, especially with our secondary's inconsistency (particularly at safety). Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of depth up there, but it's not necessarily great depth.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The problem isn't that Jerry doesn't draft OL, it is that he doesn't draft the right ones.

chitown1211

Liked Posts:
Its August 28th and this is the NFL. Noone knows what the Bears will do yet.

Lets wait till we suck to say we suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.