Bears interested in Danielle Hunter?

DavidH

Liked Posts:
I think we all would, but can you tie up that much of the cap on two DE's.
sure, when you've got a qb and much of your offense on rookie deals and your #1 WR and TE are signed to reasonable contracts, why not?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the obvious choice at DE will be AJ Epenesa. Still young. Former 2nd round pick. Had 6.5 sacks each of last two seasons. This year only played 36% of downs. 80 grade on PFF. And our new defensive coordinator was his position coach in Buffalo. Perfect fit.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I think the obvious choice at DE will be AJ Epenesa. Still young. Former 2nd round pick. Had 6.5 sacks each of last two seasons. This year only played 36% of downs. 80 grade on PFF. And our new defensive coordinator was his position coach in Buffalo. Perfect fit.
Why settle for a mediocre player( maybe because the Bears have been mediocre-or worse- forever) when they can draft a potentially great player in Latu, Verse or Turner?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If we're drafting a QB and Hunter is basically all of our defensive spending this off-season then I think it makes a lot of sense. You then shift the money you're paying Walker much more to the 3T spot to address that and giving the offense nightmares about having to leave one of Sweat or Hunter singled up on a play to play basis.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Illinois native as well - I think he’s a really good complement to Demarcus Walker as a rotational pass rush guy/maybe starter splitting time with a round 1-3 draft pick DE.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Illinois native as well - I think he’s a really good complement to Demarcus Walker as a rotational pass rush guy/maybe starter splitting time with a round 1-3 draft pick DE.

Didn’t see that. Poles loves local guys.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's from the St Louis metro, not really local.

I agree that he could be a target, though. Nice fit.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hunter and Sweet are roughly the same age. This is an awesome bookend. This is ideal if drafting a young DE later in the draft.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t complain but a 3T is more critical to how Flus defense works.