Bears offered A.J. Bouye the most money in FA

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
https://i.redd.it/1wbwl3unzxb01.jpg

Chicago is cold, expensive, and not a playoff contender. Hopefully, we find a way to change that narrative.

1wbwl3unzxb01.jpg

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
This is the second time hearing about players taking less money to play elsewhere. It appears that winning does matter. Nobody wants to jump on a sinking ship.

Now that we have Nagy and more stability, hopefully we can lure our first options to Chicago.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People love a train wreck.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He said closer to home, that helped.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Players consider more than money?

Who would have thunk it?

Bears will still have a hard time attracting top end talent until Trubisky/Nagy establish themselves if ever. Right now, the Bears are complete unknown starting over again. The only thing that Pace can sell right now is potential. Potential isn't gonna lure the top free agents.

The fact that the Bears can't lure the bigger free agents is a godsend though. Did a team that was coming off a 3-13 suckfest really try to land Bouye with a huge contract? Haha, this is why the McCaskeys have no idea how to win and sustain football success. The last thing the Bears needed was a long-term deal with huge guaranteed money in a player that would have been a non-factor on a bad team.

The only thing the McCaskeys are concerned with is going 7-9 or 8-8 to keep the meatballs in the seats thinking that a wild card game is the Super Bowl.

The franchise is cursed unfortunately.