Bears playoff scenarios

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
*If Bears beat Jags and lose to Packers, they can only get into playoffs if Cards lose to both the Niners and Rams while Vikes also lose 1 of their 2 remaining games. Bears would lose tie breaker to Vikes based on Vikes better divisional record. Bears win Tie breaker with Cards based on best win percentage in common games.

**If Bears beat both Jags and Packers (Packers will clinch bye next week if they beat Titans and Seahawks lose to Rams),Packers win tie breaker with Saints based on their win over them. Seahawks could win tie breaker over Packers based on better win percentage in common games; Saints can win 3 way tie based on best conference record.

1- Bucs lose their 2 remaining games. Bears win tie breaker based on their win over them
2- Cards lose their 2 remaining games.
3- Rams lose their 2 remaining games and Arizona loses to Niners. 3 way tie between Bears, Cards and Rams would first eliminate Rams based on Cards better divisional record over them. Bears would end up as #6 seed and Cards #7. Bucs would be #5 seed as long as they win at least 1 of 2 remaining games.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have been wondering that if the Rams lose to the Seahawks next week if the Bears become a team in charge of their own destiny week seventeen. The Rams and Cardinals play each other week seventeen, do the Bears hold the tiebreaker over both these teams? Or does the H2H loss to the Rams require the Rams beat the Cardinals to make the playoffs?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
ok.....

So win out and pray?

greg23

Liked Posts:
*If Bears beat Jags and lose to Packers, they can only get into playoffs if Cards lose to both the Niners and Rams while Vikes also lose 1 of their 2 remaining games. Bears would lose tie breaker to Vikes based on Vikes better divisional record. Bears win Tie breaker with Cards based on best win percentage in common games.

**If Bears beat both Jags and Packers (Packers will clinch bye next week if they beat Titans and Seahawks lose to Rams),Packers win tie breaker with Saints based on their win over them. Seahawks could win tie breaker over Packers based on better win percentage in common games; Saints can win 3 way tie based on best conference record.

1- Bucs lose their 2 remaining games. Bears win tie breaker based on their win over them
2- Cards lose their 2 remaining games.
3- Rams lose their 2 remaining games and Arizona loses to Niners. 3 way tie between Bears, Cards and Rams would first eliminate Rams based on Cards better divisional record over them. Bears would end up as #6 seed and Cards #7. Bucs would be #5 seed as long as they win at least 1 of 2 remaining games.

Its pretty simple:

Bears beat jags; they are alive heading into week 17 no matter what.

Any ties involving the bears and cards/bucs...bears win.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been wondering that if the Rams lose to the Seahawks next week if the Bears become a team in charge of their own destiny week seventeen. The Rams and Cardinals play each other week seventeen, do the Bears hold the tiebreaker over both these teams? Or does the H2H loss to the Rams require the Rams beat the Cardinals to make the playoffs?
Only way Rams can be eliminated before Bears is if there is a 3 way tie between Bears, Cards and Rams. Otherwise the loss to Rams eliminates Bears.

Liked Posts:

The Bears lost on MNF to the Rams so that's not a head to head tiebreaker that they hold. They do hold the head to head tiebreaker over the Cardinals. We are cheering for the Lions and 49ers on Saturday. I actually hope the Rams win on Sunday and get to 10-5. They would have matching 10-5 records with the Seahawks and own a season sweep against them. That would force them to "play to win" in their Week 17 game against the Cardinals. That's what we want.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its pretty simple:

Bears beat jags; they are alive heading into week 17 no matter what.

Any ties involving the bears and cards/bucs...bears win.
Not so simple. Bucs not at all likely to lose both. Cards and Rams can't both lose both remaining games cause they play each other.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not so simple. Bucs not at all likely to lose both. Cards and Rams can't both lose both remaining games cause they play each other.

Never said any of the scenarios were easy or likely....just what is best for bears.....this week:

Bears win
Cards lose
Bucs lose
Rams lose

Bort

Liked Posts:
If the Bears win out, they just need one of two things to happen:

Cards lose at least 1 game OR
Bucs lose 2 games

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Only way Rams can be eliminated before Bears is if there is a 3 way tie between Bears, Cards and Rams. Otherwise the loss to Rams eliminates Bears.

Bears win both
Rams lose both (Sea, Arz)
Cards lose to SF, but beat Rams.

3-way tie at 9-7, Bears are the 6th seed, Cards 7th seed, Rams out.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It does not make sense to me how a head-to-head tie between the Rams and Bears leaves the Bears out but a three-way tie between the Bears, Rams and Cardinals leaves the Rams out.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The question I have is if the Bears win out but miss the playoffs what happens to Nagy? I think Pace's job would certainly be safe as its obvious the Bears talent was there all along, but the failure to close out the Detroit Lions game and inability to break up the six game skid that put the Bears in a position where they weren't in charge of their own destiny might result in somebody higher up than just a coordinator getting fired.

If they make the playoffs in the cough year I think everyone is safe.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It does not make sense to me how a head-to-head tie between the Rams and Bears leaves the Bears out but a three-way tie between the Bears, Rams and Cardinals leaves the Rams out.

H2H tiebreaker is H2H games. The Bears got beat by the Rams, so the Rams get the tiebreaker.
You can't do H2H with 3 teams, because they haven't all played each other. So, the tiebreaker is conference record then record in common games.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rams only eliminated if that 3 way tie exists. If Cards and Bears win out and Rams lose out, Cards have better record than both Bears and Rams. Bears and Rams would then be tied and tie breaker between just those 2 goes to Rams. This is why Cards need to lose next week even if Rams lose out, in order for Bears to get in over the Rams. 3 way tie is essential for Bears to get nod over Rams. In the 3 way tie, the first tie breaking rule applied would be divisional record of Cards and Rams, and Cards win that which would just leave Cards and Bears.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Alright cool. Basically we need San Francisco to have its Battle of Rorke's Drift in what has otherwise been a disastrous season for them against a team they really do not like. At least they are used to playing in Arizona!

Liked Posts:
Saturday I'm cheering for the Lions and 49ers. Sunday I'm cheering for the Bears. After that I'll worry about the Rams/Seahawks game.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I can see the Bears finishing 9-7. Still miss the playoffs. Keep everybody and pick fucking #17 in the draft. It’s the Bears way!!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
9-7 Bears can only miss playoffs if Cards beat both the Niners and Rams.

I know and I expect them to win both games because the Bears are cursed.

SF is weak and the Rams might not having to play for in week 17. So that too

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know and I expect them to win both games because the Bears are cursed.

SF is weak and the Rams might not having to play for in week 17. So that too
You could make that argument but being a divisional rivalry, you'd want to eliminate that rival ASAP.

Case in point for Bears's fans. I take you back to 2010. Bears had the bye clinched. Last game vs Packers. Packers lose and they are out. If they win and some other shit happens, they are in. Our Bears take the seemingly insignificant loss but the Packers sneak into the playoffs to earn the last WC spot based on a tie breaker.

They would come back to haunt the Bears in the NFC Conference title match when the Packers stomped a mud hole in Jay Cutler. The cowardly Jay Cutler taps out, leaving his teammates to bear (pun intended) the loss to their hated rivals. Packers go on to win SB 45! Oh, the humanity!