Bears remove language about Pace's contract on team website

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Oh woweee, maybe now we know why they were so cagey about their contract lengths during the presser.

Bio info for GM Ryan Pace on ChicagoBears.com on Jan. 8 said this, according to the internet archives:

Ryan Pace, the 2018 Sporting News NFL Executive of the Year, is in his sixth season as general manager of the Chicago Bears in 2020. He is the sixth general manager in franchise history after being hired on January 8, 2015. On January 1, 2018, the Bears announced a three-year contract extension for Pace, keeping him with the club through 2021.

Now it says this:

Ryan Pace, the 2018 Sporting News NFL Executive of the Year, is in his seventh season as general manager of the Chicago Bears in 2021. He is the sixth general manager in franchise history after being hired on January 8, 2015.

I know that going into the season, it was reported that Nagy's contract took him through 2022. Did the Bears quietly extend Pace also through 2022 to line him up with Nagy?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe they did and did so a while back but obviously any note of same is impossible to find. I thought it was mentioned in some articles when Nagy signed but could have just been speculation.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Do not go to any games next season or spend one penny on this mom and pop shop of a football team.

Send a message to their pocketbooks, we the fans are done with mediocrity.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh woweee, maybe now we know why they were so cagey about their contract lengths during the presser.

Bio info for GM Ryan Pace on ChicagoBears.com on Jan. 8 said this, according to the internet archives:

Ryan Pace, the 2018 Sporting News NFL Executive of the Year, is in his sixth season as general manager of the Chicago Bears in 2020. He is the sixth general manager in franchise history after being hired on January 8, 2015. On January 1, 2018, the Bears announced a three-year contract extension for Pace, keeping him with the club through 2021.

Now it says this:

Ryan Pace, the 2018 Sporting News NFL Executive of the Year, is in his seventh season as general manager of the Chicago Bears in 2021. He is the sixth general manager in franchise history after being hired on January 8, 2015.

I know that going into the season, it was reported that Nagy's contract took him through 2022. Did the Bears quietly extend Pace also through 2022 to line him up with Nagy?

One of the Bears beats (I forget which one) said this was commonly assumed by people that follow the team. Was just never annouced for some reason.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do not go to any games next season or spend one penny on this mom and pop shop of a football team.

Meh.

They just played an entire season to an empty house and still made an impressive amount of money thanks to insanely high TV contracts.

The only ones with real power are the Season Ticket Holders. The very few willing to walk away from them have a large wait behind them.

Besides, it's not like the McCaskeys don't want to be a championship football team...they just have not figured out how to do it with any kind of consistency since the 80s.

Maybe decade number three will be the charm???

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Pace secretly adopted as a McCaskey and has a lifetime contract, similar to a deal Ted Phillips received in 2007

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This actually is the smart thing to do, and that’s not a bears move usually. Do I like it? No. But big picture it makes sense. They should announce it though, it would probably do more good than harm.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I would keep Pace and Nagy and bring back Dowall Dunce Loggaines and give them all lifetime contracts.

It takes time and patience to build an offense and culture, 8 years is just not enough to judge a front office completely. I think after 16 we’ll have a better idea and also time to develop the next Tebow.

I personally hope their strategy is putting names in a hat and selecting one blindfolded. The Bears might get a real QB that way instead of Pace doing analysis or making decisions LMAO!

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

How much do the Bears actually get from having games at Soldier Field?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Meh.

They just played an entire season to an empty house and still made an impressive amount of money thanks to insanely high TV contracts.

The only ones with real power are the Season Ticket Holders. The very few willing to walk away from them have a large wait behind them.

Besides, it's not like the McCaskeys don't want to be a championship football team...they just have not figured out how to do it with any kind of consistency since the 80s.

Maybe decade number three will be the charm???
I will hopefully be using my Season Tickets for at least another 25 years.