Bears rookies win at NFL Rookie Symposium

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ar...ymposium/2c1e5237-5aa9-4616-a78b-e368613eb67c

They have yet to play in an NFL game, but the eight prospects the Bears selected in last month’s draft teamed up to record an impressive victory this week.

Attending the NFL Rookie Symposium in Aurora, Ohio, the Bears rookies won the Ultimate Rookie Challenge, a competition among NFC teams featuring questions about NFL history as well as information delivered by various guest speakers.

Kyle Fuller, Ego Ferguson and Terry Cousin pose for a photo at the NFL Rookie Symposium in Ohio. The group consisted of draft picks Kyle Fuller, Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton, Ka’Deem Carey, Brock Vereen, David Fales, Pat O’Donnell and Charles Leno Jr.

“It’s good to bring home the trophy,” said Terry Cousin, a former Bears cornerback who now serves as the team’s director of player engagement. “Those guys have done a great job over the course of May and June with all of our meetings and all the things that have been thrown at them.”

Issues covered via presentations, workshops and videos at the symposium included player health and safety, decision making, mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence prevention, non-discrimination and maintaining positive relationships.

Those topics had already been covered by Cousin during “Bears University,” a comprehensive offseason program for the team’s rookies at Halas Hall.

“Our rookies are very alert and attentive,” Cousin said. “They’re taking notes during Bears University. They’ve gotten copies of power points from all the presenters there. So they’ve been going through that process of creating really good habits. And they do that with their playbooks and taking notes in class as far as football, so they were very prepared for the symposium.”

Individually, Ferguson recorded the most correct answers among NFC rookies and Fales was third.

“Ego said he was going to win,” Cousin said. “He was very vocal about what he was going to do. He told me he was going to carry the team and that’s what he did.”

So what does the victory at the symposium say about the Bears draft picks?

“It says we’re a smart group of guys, guys who are coachable and listen to what’s said,” Sutton said. “We take notes, we’re attentive in meetings and we’re focused, and that’s going to help all the rookies when it comes to playing on the field.”

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Looking like Monsters already.

10300287_10152531785969452_5714442832123861525_n.jpg

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Superbowl!

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this question was on the exam then I think we're in good shape.

Q: While playing football, you notice a live ball on the ground. What do you do?

1) Pick it up, then drop it back on the ground after jogging a couple steps.
2) Shrug and head for the sidelines.
3) Stand around with your hands on your hips.
4) Stand around with your thumb up your ass.
5) Attempt to gain control of the ball then advance it to the end zone.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
I think we should try the punter at safety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
wow look how young Hopkins looks in that photo
Time sure flies

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Until 1 or 2 injuries happen and cutler is back on the sideline.

Ok got it, you made this account to bitch about the Bears and troll up some attention. Safety is fair game but Oline? Really? You're trying too hard. No team has probowlers waiting in the wings however the Bears have Britton & DLP for some peace of mind.

You should have went with LB Rory.

Last edited:

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we should try the punter at safety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The punter's too big to play safety. Maybe, he can tack on 15 pounds and play linebacker.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like hearing about "Bears University". About time that teams figure out that if they help these kids keep their shit together at home, they can stay more focused on football.