Bears Showing Interest in QB Todd Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrigley

Liked Posts:
The Bears are reportedly showing interest in free agent QB Todd Collins.

1393.jpg

Collins, 38, drew next to no interest after being released by the Redskins in March, but the Bears are desperate. Collins does have experience in a Mike Martz-style system as a former backup under Dick Vermeil in Kansas City.

rotoworld

He had a very good stint with the Redskins a few years back, and I think he would be an excellent depth signing for the Bears. If Cutler doesn't play well, and busts like he did last season, I could see a guy like Collins getting the nod to start a game or two.

Thoughts?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looked washed up when he was on the field and he has little arm strength. He won't be the worst backup in the NFL but he's not very good

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I can care less about our back-up situation. If Cutler misses significant time this season it is over. Playoffs are out of the question if he missed 2 or more games with our current situation.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I can care less about our back-up situation. If Cutler misses significant time this season it is over. Playoffs are out of the question if he missed 2 or more games with our current situation.

That is the stupidest sentence people have said for the past two years now. Ignoring the simple concept, of a NOT significant injury and needing a QB who can continue a game or start 1 game and win.

Collins if he signs has done that before, and people sure thought that wasn't going to happen. 07 ring a bell in the Bears game when he came in and won it for the Redskins then went on to win their next 3 games to get into the playoffs. That was after Joe Gibbs stupidly blew their game before the Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.