Bears Sign Jesper Horsted WR/TE

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
6'4, 225lbs

WR Jesper Horsted, Princeton
Horsted was realistic when talking about the uphill battle he faces as an Ivy League product surrounded by prospects from the Power 5 FBS conferences. Horsted, who wore number 84 in the Shrine Game is built a little more like another 84 Ivy Leaguer in the Bucs’ Cameron Brate when you look at him. During practice, he was very physical and deceivingly quick for his size.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2...-tight-end-wide-receiver-training-camp-rookie

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
6'4, 225lbs

WR Jesper Horsted, Princeton
Horsted was realistic when talking about the uphill battle he faces as an Ivy League product surrounded by prospects from the Power 5 FBS conferences. Horsted, who wore number 84 in the Shrine Game is built a little more like another 84 Ivy Leaguer in the Bucs’ Cameron Brate when you look at him. During practice, he was very physical and deceivingly quick for his size.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2...-tight-end-wide-receiver-training-camp-rookie

Pace is known for his shotgun approach to a position. Seeing that he is doing it with UDFAs, I am all for it. If a player or two make the TE room stronger, great. If not, not much lost.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Before they sent some of those kickers home I hope they at least tired a few reps at TE...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In b4 someone pencils this guy in as Burton replacement.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Before they sent some of those kickers home I hope they at least tired a few reps at TE...
Cody Parkey lines up at tight end, Trubisky takes the snap, backpedals, rolls out and fires a pass deep. It's headed for the endzone, the bears have Parkey under it. It looks like he'll catch it, will the bears win? The ball bounces off one hand, off the other hand, it double doinks his hands and falls to the ground. The catch is no good, and the bears are knocked out of the playoffs.

This has been a dramatization of why kickers don't play tight end. I'll be here all week

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cody Parkey lines up at tight end, Trubisky takes the snap, backpedals, rolls out and fires a pass deep. It's headed for the endzone, the bears have Parkey under it. It looks like he'll catch it, will the bears win? The ball bounces off one hand, off the other hand, it double doinks his hands and falls to the ground. The catch is no good, and the bears are knocked out of the playoffs.

This has been a dramatization of why kickers don't play tight end. I'll be here all week
More like Parkey pretends to block and settles in the flat. Mitch finds him and rifles one into his crotch. Later, NBC interviews him in the hospital as he speaks to how Jebus didn't want him to reproduce to cheers from folks listening to the live feed in the lounge area down the hall.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Idiot Ryan Pace probably thought he was a place kicker

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I want to get this straight. The consensus of this thread is that Ivy League athletes need not apply to a league where old farts sit around and choose African Americans 'kids' vs those who are white and well-educated? Is it like if they spend too much time on brain power, they don't have enough time for body power?

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

I am expecting big things from Halsted, but am not making any predictions.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So 'kid' is now a color thing? I called Mitch a kid more than any other player his rookie year and it referred to his inexperience and youth. I don't even think he had a tan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like this signing. Get on the PS a year, hit the weights, learn how to block and compete for catching TE next year. He's already almost 230lb and holds it well so 10 more should be easy. A project for sure but I'm kinda surprised he was still available. A year or more out but I think he has some potential as a TE.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears need to think about a backup to Burton.

Apparently Dax Raymond was impressive [Hoge and Jahns] and really looked good as a receiver, but you might as well see what this kid has as well in OTAs.