Bears vs. Patriots Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator29

Lucky Charm
Liked Posts:
This game will be interesting to watch. I hope that Bears can kick ass on them. What is your predict for this game? My predict is tie game overtime. We win over overtime.

Dirty35

Liked Posts:
If the Bears play anywhere close to how they played today, they wont have a prayer. You think Drew Stanton looked good? What do you think Tom Brady would do?

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
A huge difference is that the Lions really have a VERY GOOD D Line and all you have to do is give Jay one or two more seconds than what he got today and things will be fine. What I would like to see is what I saw (via Sunday Ticket) Drew Brees go and thank all of the offense on the last minute TD they scored. Maybe Jay is a leader, I just don't see it from where I sit! I want to see Jay walking down the line and rallying the troops! The Pats are only vulnerable in two phases (much like the A$$ Pack) their "D" mainly the secondary and their special teams!

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears seem to play to everyone of their opponents. I think the defense will know they have another big game and will step up. As far as the Pats D...Its not that good..The Pats offense is where they are special. We can score on them, but question will be can our D stop them.

Gator29

Lucky Charm
Liked Posts:
This game will be most challenging game. Bears need shape up big time for this game aganist Patriots. You're right about facing aganist Drew Stanton and Tom Brady. They have clear plan to face them.

Dirty35

Liked Posts:
What I would like to see is what I saw (via Sunday Ticket) Drew Brees go and thank all of the offense on the last minute TD they scored.

Maybe Jay will, when they actually give him something to thank them for. How about he thanks them at the very end of the season, if he is still able to walk upright.

Dirty35

Liked Posts:
This game will be most challenging game. Bears need shape up big time for this game aganist Patriots. You're right about facing aganist Drew Stanton and Tom Brady. They have clear plan to face them.

My guess is that the Bears were looking past Detroit a bit in this one. They say they weren't, but I don't believe that fully.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady is going to get his yards against us, we just have to stick to our system and contain the running game as well as stop the big plays. I don't see us being able to run the ball on the Patriots and Jay Cutler is going to have to make plays down the field next week. The Patriots do not have much of a pass rush and if Jay Cutler can limit turnovers and be efficient while throwing the ball 35-45 times I think we walk away with a win.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Scoot said it right.

They will put up points and we're going to have to outscore them. Their defense isn't that good though.

corkylatour

Liked Posts:
New England and Monday night game

I think we should keep a good eye on tomorrow nights game with the Pats and Jets before we come up with a game plan here. I hate to say it but there are going to be injuries in this game which will have an effect on Sunday's game..But.. if they go unscathed then we need to play them like we played the Eagles...Keep our Cornerbacks deep and secondary back a little that way we can cover the deep pass and cover the run...and let the offense control the line to give Cutler time to do his thing..

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This is a huge game.

Pre

Liked Posts:
Brady excels at throwing the short routes, and as a Cover 2 team that's something that traditionally gives us problems. This might be the worst matchup of the season for the Bears.

Thankfully, though, the Patriots have a very young, inexperienced defense. If the offensive line gives Cutler time, he shouldn't have a problem posting some big numbers... but will it be enough to win?

Sure. Why not? Got to have faith.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
after the ass-whooping in Foxborro last night, I'm a little more skeptic about the bears chances, but then I considered two things, we're at home, and Cutler is getting more and more accurate every week, BUT, in my mind the game is on the front 4, they'll need to look like those games in which they seemed to shred the pocket and force him to make a throw off balance, he's a mechanics freak and when he's off balance he's bound to fuck up his throw, if they have a great game then I rate the bears chances very high, Urlacher is perhaps the best cover MLB there is (or among the best) and I have faith that the guys back there (DBs) can definitely hold their own if brady receives pressure of any kind

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coaching will be a factor as well. Our O has improved, and our D isnt pathetic. Sure Brady is a beast, but with Urlacher, Briggs, and Peppers, we should be able to force pressure to disrupt Brady. Moore is quickly becoming noticed as a good CB as well. But the key will be to dominate their D. They are talented, but young and prone to mistakes. We have a chance to stun the league with this game, and we should be able to shock them on multiple occasions. We can win, but the score will be close to the end.

quick1971

Born a Bears fan!
Liked Posts:
Okay! This will be hard fought game! If defense is stepped up and do what we did to Cock we will win the game! Period!

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
Very skeptical about this game. Three important factors help the Bears chances:
1. Game is in Chicago
2. It's a short week for NE
3. Potential trap/letdown game for NE after a very emotional beat down of the Jets.

The Bears have to be very tricky and conceal their blitzes a little better than they have all season. Brady is awesome with the three step drop and the quick slant to Welker...scary!

Don't want to admit it, but I have a bad feeling about this game. Just hope the Lions can surprise the Packers.

Last edited:

corkylatour

Liked Posts:
I think this would be a perfect game to run..Patriots defense is not very good...I'm 99.9% sure our offense can hold their own in this upcoming game...If the defense plays it like they did the Eagles with the corners deep to stop the big play...Their biggest threat is Brady to Branch...I might sound cocky here but I know we are going to do great on Sunday

Bearstorm1513

Liked Posts:
New here but I believe it is going to be a slug fest of non offense. I firmly believe our Defense will come out with some much fire it will keep the game slow as long as we don't let them over the top and not allow Brady to pick on our SAM linebacker side we can keep the game in our favor. We will be able to keep up on offense just fine. My prediction would be 17 -21 bears win it in the 4th with a Hester return.

Status
Not open for further replies.