Bears VS Saints - playoffs

Perspective

Liked Posts:
The only reason why it was that close is because the Bears were playing not to lose and kept them off the field. They scored almost at will.

No Thomas or Sanders. Bears are toast lol. Jared Cook gonna go ham on this defense with that soft zone they play.
View attachment 9442

I don’t get your logic .... the Bears did not keep the other team off the field by just telling them to..... they did it by getting first downs and sustaining drives and even getting one turnover on ST.... none of that happened bcoz the other team said sure - u can have it

People on this board are full blown nincompoops

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t get your logic .... the Bears did not keep the other team off the field by just telling them to..... they did it by getting first downs and sustaining drives and even getting one turnover on ST.... none of that happened bcoz the other team said sure - u can have it

Yes, and you are one of them. This is called scoring at will: .

1609984582422.png

12 minute drives that result in 3 points = losing. Turnovers that result in 3 points = losing. Drives that result in turnover on downs = losing. They were playing not to lose by keeping him off the field

Liked Posts:
Nagy designing trick plays for the Saints in round 1 on Nickelodeon while Mitch looks on.

8TS.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m more worried about the Defense than the Offense. Bears could score 30pts and it still won’t be enough.

possibly.

I think the Packers are more explosive offensively.

gopher72

Liked Posts:

Good perspective, Perspective? But who r the nincompoops? The ones that get off on ragging in the Bears? The ones who hold out hope? One things of sure. The comments run 90/10 against the Bears winning or doing something well on this site at any given time. Nothing wrong with that. Freedom of speech. Forums were designed to let fans vent. And they are good loyal Bear fans who just want a winner. But the big question this week is...who's taking the Saints and giving the 10 points?

Grape

Liked Posts:
If Nagy is calling plays expect a bunch of pointless pre-snap motion, shotguns and sideline passes. The only saving grace is that we can't have Cohen rushing on 4th and 1.
I've literally never heard anyone else other than Bears fans COMPLAIN about pre-snap motion. Get your heads out of 1980.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
bears packers score was 21-16 until 9 min left in the game or smtg - Bears need to play perfect games to beat better teams and they missed 3 easy ints (one for sure pick 6) and they missed a 4th and 1 that was going to lead to at least 3 pts .... so the game was close

Bears Saints game went to OT last time .... again not having Roquan Skrine Jaylon Mooney will have huge impact (hope at least 2 of them play) so the lines make sense
they didn't miss them they didn't make them. Seen a couple drop by GB players to so what is the counter argument? The offenses job is to score points with the ball anything the D gets lucky enuff to get is gravy. We did that all thru 2006 praying the D could get a play and by God they did but eventually they hit reality. Nah we had possessions just like them we just didn't get points. don't over complicate it to get a good hypothetical result.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I get that was their game plan. Keep Rogers off the field and you might have a chance to win. And I would say that for three of the nine drives that Chicago that it worked. Unfortunately those three four minute plus drives netted Chicago a whole ten points.

The other six drives netted us another six points. It doesn't matter if your offensive game plan is to keep the other team off the field for 35 out of the 60 minutes if the other team scores multiple touchdowns when they have the ball.

It also doesn't help when your ball control offense turns the ball over twice deep inside your own territory. Two TDs came straight off of Bears miscues.

Ultimately you aren't going to beat the Packers, not matter how much time you burn, by scoring field goals. To do so you have to have three drives be successful to beat out just one successful drive by Aaron Rogers. And since our defensive game plan includes putting a slow ass linebacker covering a wide receiver you can expect Rogers to get at least two TDs.

If the Bears want to have any hope of beating Rogers they can't do it the way they did Sunday. Keeping the ball out of Rogers's hands is a great idea and will work but only if you score TDs and don't give up boneheaded plays or give Green Bay a ridiculously short field.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im sure @SilenceS is shaking in his boots over this game. /end sarcasm

What is the biggest advantage in this game?
Brees/Hill over Trubisky
Saints D over Bears D
Peyton over Nagy

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Saints are going to make Trubs beat them. We are stout against the run and our DB's are aggressive. They arent going to play soft zone. Our D Line is one of the best in the league. The Saints havent been healthy all year. They should have almost everyone. Good Luck to yall. Oh and Brees isnt what he used to be but to say washed up is hilarious. He still better than 2/3rds of the QBs in the league. lol

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Saints are going to make Trubs beat them. We are stout against the run and our DB's are aggressive. They arent going to play soft zone. Our D Line is one of the best in the league. The Saints havent been healthy all year. They should have almost everyone. Good Luck to yall. Oh and Brees isnt what he used to be but to say washed up is hilarious. He still better than 2/3rds of the QBs in the league. lol

You sound scared!

Saints 34
Bears 10

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've literally never heard anyone else other than Bears fans COMPLAIN about pre-snap motion. Get your heads out of 1980.

If it worked then I am all for it. Nagys presnap motion rarely fools anyone and seems to be a problem with our players out of place during the play. Have you watched a Nagy called game. Our offense was constantly flagged and players out by of place. Especially last year.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Shocking but there’s no Saints game thread to discuss the upcoming playoff game....

First off - below is the link to go back to the regular season game highlights .... Bears are going to have a much improved OL and QB in the playoff game though ..... of course Saints will also have Thomas and the Bears might be without Roquan skrine Jaylon and Mooney

I really think the Bears will compete and have realistic chance to pull this off.... Brees is washed up .... win the turnover battle and win this game .... runn8ng the ball will be much tougher though compared to packers game ..... but much easier to throw the ball for larger chunk plays on the Saints sec9ndary .... Miller Aaron Kmet Graham need to ball .... the dome makes it easier to pass the ball

But there are many threads where it is being discussed.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Saints are weak against play action. Guess who is the highest play action % team since the switch up this year?

This is possible, wondering status on Monty is he good to go for this game? Putting my money on the bears fuck it.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saints are weak against play action. Guess who is the highest play action % team since the switch up this year?

This is possible, wondering status on Monty is he good to go for this game? Putting my money on the bears fuck it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

You expect Nagy to call pedestrian PA plays....The Saints will be expecting that.

no no no....we need tons of pre snap motion so we can run an RPO.

It will be similar to reserving all the fuel for Montgomery and Market Garden as opposed to Patton's 3rd Army. The German's.....er Saints will never be expecting it. It'll be brilliant...