Bears vs Titans game

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone watched any Tennessee Titans this pre-season? How's T'Vondre Sweat looking? A few weeks ago I watched the first drive of their first pre-season game vs San Francisco, and Tennessee blitzed a safety up the A-gap on the very first play. Does anyone live near Nashville and have the run-down?

Reactions: DC

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has anyone watched any Tennessee Titans this pre-season? How's T'Vondre Sweat looking? A few weeks ago I watched the first drive of their first pre-season game vs San Francisco, and Tennessee blitzed a safety up the A-gap on the very first play. Does anyone live near Nashville and have the run-down?

I feel like Tennessee is a better test than people realize. They have some decent players.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I feel like Tennessee is a better test than people realize. They have some decent players.
They do but D Hop will be out and Ridley caught only 55% of his targets last season. Will that improve with will levis? I have my doubts. If the Bears stop the run and take care of the ball on offense, I think they win fairly easily but we’ll see what happens.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They do but D Hop will be out and Ridley caught only 55% of his targets last season. Will that improve with will levis? I have my doubts. If the Bears stop the run and take care of the ball on offense, I think they win fairly easily but we’ll see what happens.
Didn’t realize D Hop is out. That’s big

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They went undefeated in pre season.

Oh that doesn't matter anymore?

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Last year they weren’t really good at anything. Their defense was average against the run and average against the pass. When you pair that with their offense being worse than ours in both passing and rushing (they were average) it most likely indicates the defense is worse than the statistics suggest.

It looks like they added some possible starters at WR, C, RB, LB, DT, CB and G via FA. They also added a premier draft talent at LT (I think they switched him from RT) and a DT from the draft.

They didn’t add any home runs, in my opinion, but they seemed to have gotten better everywhere, especially the Oline. We might be over matched in the trenches (to which degree, I’m not sure), but we have the advantage everywhere else.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Already predicted in another thread. Levis with 2 INTs.

Prine9021

Liked Posts:
As a Titans fan I'd say potential for both the offense and defense is pretty high.

However both are new schemes with players without a ton of reps together. Not even we know what to expect outside of a quick passing game designed to get Levis easy completions and a higher completion % and a very aggressive defense featuring a lot of pressure looks and cover 1 press.

O-Line really depends on Latham being able to work on his weakness to inside moves. But if he is solid the left side of the line should be nasty.

WR is the best trio we've probably ever had, tons of talent but can the older guys avoid steep declines? I think Hopkins is good for week 1, seems to be precautionary rest.

Sweat seems to have first round talent but needs to improve his conditioning. Seems to be willing, time will tell.

Haven't seen Sneed or Chido all preseason. Normal for Sneed, injuries for Chido.

Depth is a major concern if injuries start happening. But there's been nothing but reasons to be optimistic about the approach Ran and Callahan have had to building a foundation for their vision. I think only 6/22 starters are the same from last season.

Last edited:

Prine9021

Liked Posts:
Levis is still an unknown.

I think Pollard and Spears will surprise. Very versatile backs who can run routes and catch.

WR room is good on paper but will the older guys hold up all season? Ridley has looked great but timing with him and Levis has been off.

TE is a decent group but remains to be seen how Callahan will use them.

Oline has all pro potential on the left side. Right side are fringe level starters.

Defensive line is good at the top if Sweat can command double teams and stay on the field with his conditioning concerns. Zero depth.

Linebackers will be used for applying pressure. Just traded for Ernest Jones, could be huge if his knee isn't a concern.

Edge is meh, Landry is good and Key is a nice situational rusher. The rookie Harrell showed out in preseason. Again putrid depth.

Cornerback look to be great going 4 deep. But new scheme and limited reps together. Sneed, Awuzie and McCreary combined for 0 TDs give up last year.

Safety is interesting, Hooker is pretty good but hoping Adam's and Diggs can bounce back from down years. Should see a good amount of 3 safety looks.