Ben Gordon Interview On Leaving Chicago/Reinsdorf

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Hadn't seen this posted yet. It's almost a week old, but there's some good stuff in here.

The transcriber obviously meant Jerry Reinsdorf, not Jerry Krause in here.

Scoffing at Jerry Krause’s claim that he would have had to share playing time with Jannero Pargo if he returned to the Bulls:

“Jannero’s a great friend so I wasn’t laughing at him, but just the statement in itself that I would have to fight for playing time after leading the team in scoring every year is kinda funny.”

And more "evidence" for my belief that Gordon and Miami were ready to go, but Bulls refused to do the sign and trade, not the Heat not wanting to meet Gordon's contract demands.

On how he was dealt with by the Bulls through the years of negotiations:

“I mean, I’m a pretty straightforward person; that’s all I ask at the end of the day. That’s not how things were handled but it is what it is. Last summer, they had an opportunity to work on a sign-and-trade but I guess they didn’t wanna do that, so here we are today.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/08/04/ben-gordon-sharing-playing-time-with-jannero-pargo-ha/

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I will listen to the interview, hopefully somewhere in there he mans up and states that he made dumbass mistakes in the past concerning the Bulls himself. If both sides admitted their parts in the disagreement that would be nice.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
I will listen to the interview, hopefully somewhere in there he mans up and states that he made dumbass mistakes in the past concerning the Bulls himself. If both sides admitted their parts in the disagreement that would be nice.

Evidently Gordon's only dumbass mistake was agreeing to take the $54 million/6 year deal, because he was able to get more the next year.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Evidently Gordon's only dumbass mistake was agreeing to take the $54 million/6 year deal, because he was able to get more the next year.

Actually no, that was not the only mistake, which he acknowledge by trying to take it after it was rescinded. The year before, a 5yr/50mil deal was on the table. A dumb move that cost him millions over the last couple of years. He turned it down because he wanted more than Ben Wallace, which was a dumbass decision. Again, I agree with Gilbert Arenas on that one. It was a fair deal and at market value for the player. Unfortunately he made a bad decision. It is what it is.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Actually no, that was not the only mistake, which he acknowledge by trying to take it after it was rescinded. The year before, a 5yr/50mil deal was on the table. A dumb move that cost him millions over the last couple of years. He turned it down because he wanted more than Ben Wallace, which was a dumbass decision. Again, I agree with Gilbert Arenas on that one. It was a fair deal and at market value for the player. Unfortunately he made a bad decision. It is what it is.

God your such a negative putz. Apparently your not a math wiz either. Gordon signed a 5 year $58 million by signing with Detroit. Seems like he got more money then the $49mil Chicago offered. The move didnt cost him jack, because if he signed the extention 2 years ago it wouldnt of kicked in until last year anyways and his new deal paid him enough that it makes up for what he lost last season by playing for the 1 yr qualifier. Only one side acted wrong here....the Bulls. If they treated Gordon with respect, I would be ok with what transpired, but they treated Gordon like an animal and he went to where he was being shown love.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
houheffna wrote:

God your such a negative putz. Apparently your not a math wiz either. Gordon signed a 5 year $58 million by signing with Detroit. Seems like he got more money then the $49mil Chicago offered. The move didnt cost him jack, because if he signed the extention 2 years ago it wouldnt of kicked in until last year anyways and his new deal paid him enough that it makes up for what he lost last season by playing for the 1 yr qualifier. Only one side acted wrong here....the Bulls. If they treated Gordon with respect, I would be ok with what transpired, but they treated Gordon like an animal and he went to where he was being shown love.

Agreed. Please imagine you are in BG's shoes for once Hou. You & your teammate Deng decide not to sign extensions, the 07-08 season is a train wreck, a down year for everyone involved. The Bulls came back the following offseason with an offer to you $2mill less than the previous year, despite the fact you lead the team in scoring playing less than 32mpg, & came off the bench for 2/3 of the season. Then you hear they are offering your teammate, Deng, who missed 20 games due to injury & had an equal if not worse down year, with a $16mill raise. How are you going to feel?

That's like me busting my ass at my job only to have my boss give the fat bonus to my lazy co-worker who went on 3 vacations that year. I still don't understand how you can not see how the Bulls did this guy wrong the entire time he was a Bull. He even said he just wanted a straight answer & that is something you will never get from the current Bulls front office. I agree with Mark, I would not be pissed about this situation if it weren't for the fact that the Bulls management & media treated this guy like complete crap for 5 years when he was their best player.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The Bulls were shameful right down to the end with Gordon.

Not giving him the player of the year award at the end of last season was absolutely ridiculous.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Re:Ben Gordon Interview On Leaving Chicago/Reinsdo

houheffna wrote:

Not really clear on how Gordon is a "dumbass." Is it not his right to refuse a deal and look for more money.

It's funny how everyone defends Bulls' management's right to do business, but when it comes to Gordon, he's a dumbass.

Well to me management looks like the dumbass, they could of had Gordon at a cheaper rate but they pulled the deal. Good work on that.

Apparently it's more important to cheap ass uncle Jerry to say "you don't mess with me when it comes to contract negotiations" instead of locking up BG and a great price. The Bulls look stupid. Bulls management is stupid. I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt on anything. In the post Jordan era they've had 1 trip out of the first round. And there success in the 90's was because of Michael Jordan. So I don't see how anyone would trust Jerry Reinsdorf when it comes to decisions on the Bulls. He's made his money (which is what he cares about first and foremost) but as far as running a basketball team, he's a joke.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Not really clear on how Gordon is a "dumbass." Is it not his right to refuse a deal and look for more money.

It's funny how everyone defends Bulls' management's right to do business, but when it comes to Gordon, he's a dumbass.

Well to me management looks like the dumbass, they could of had Gordon at a cheaper rate but they pulled the deal. Good work on that.

Apparently it's more important to cheap ass uncle Jerry to say "you don't mess with me when it comes to contract negotiations" instead of locking up BG and a great price. The Bulls look stupid. Bulls management is stupid. I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt on anything. In the post Jordan era they've had 1 trip out of the first round. And there success in the 90's was because of Michael Jordan. So I don't see how anyone would trust Jerry Reinsdorf when it comes to decisions on the Bulls. He's made his money (which is what he cares about first and foremost) but as far as running a basketball team, he's a joke.

Never called Gordon a dumbass, he made a dumbass mistake. I have said that most likely it was his agent. I have said the same about the Bulls in the past whether its Paxson or Reinsdorf. They have both made dumbass mistakes. I don't think Gordon is one of them. The Bulls got tired of dealing with Gordon, Gordon got tired of dealing with the Bulls. My problem is that some of you all just don't want to hold Gordon as culpable as you hold Reinsdorf. And I think that is sad.

I had no problems with the Bulls retaining Gordon, but I do have a problem with him being the starting SG and I definitely had a problem with giving him 12mil. And that is my opinion. I have said, as countless others have, that his not taking the first offer was a bad move on his part. This is not new logic.

God your such a negative putz. Apparently your not a math wiz either.

If you are going to be an admin, try to act more mature. For crying out loud. You shouldn't have that position...

I have had disagreements with Fred and Kush, we have agreed to disagree and I have learned from the both of them. I hate that Fred gets his blood pressure up over other's opinions but with me, he has made his points and moved on. I respect that. Same with Kush, have no problems with him, going back to the debate over the 1983 76ers. Because I don't kiss ass on the forums and try to buddy up with anyone doesn't mean I don't show respect or that I deserve to be disrespected. This is my last time responding to this crap.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

Dude, man up. Grow a thicker skin and a pair of gonads for christ sakes. Boo friggidy hoo....

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

houheffna I would like to personally invite you on to our next episode of the Chicago Bullseye. You obviously feel very strongly one way reagarding this and Fred and I feel another way. I think this could make for great listening. Lets throw of the gloves and have a discussion. Maybe we can hug it out at the end of the day. If you are interested, shoot me a e-mail with your contact info and I will contact you before we do our next show. It will probobly be in the next couple weeks since we just taped one yesterday (which should be posted tonight).

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Wow! I was expecting to get thrown off the forum, I was about to cancel my account....that is very interesting. Do you really want to have another show about Ben Gordon though? I actually like rappin' with Fred, when he shows up...I would have no problem being on the show, but if we are only talking Gordon, we ain't huggin it out afterwards....just sayin.

But I am kinda shocked right now...

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
Wow! I was expecting to get thrown off the forum, I was about to cancel my account....that is very interesting. Do you really want to have another show about Ben Gordon though? I actually like rappin' with Fred, when he shows up...I would have no problem being on the show, but if we are only talking Gordon, we ain't huggin it out afterwards....just sayin.

But I am kinda shocked right now...

No need to be shocked. Fred and I are shit talkers, especially about sports....bottom line. If anyone listens to our show (which not alot of people do :) ) we speak our minds,are very opinionated and are both not afraid to make asses of ourselves (to Fred it almost comes natural). We definantly appreciate everyone's opinion and love a good debate. Also, I am never going to get mad at someone for calling me a a#@hole. It is deserved most of the time and I am certiantly not going to cancel someones membership, or whatever, because there is shit talk going on with someone, when I am just as much a part of it as the other party. We also know alot of people in these forums listen to our show and know who eachother are, so I think others would appreciate listening to the debate. Also, its the offseason, what else do we have to possibly talk about!?

Shoot me an e-mail at mlewinth@yahoo.com, I will contact you when we are doing our next show.