Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Diddy1122 wrote:
Apparently he lost his passion for the game the second he was told by Pax he couldn't wear a headband to keep up his ridiculously bad fro.
Haha I can see it now: "You mean I can't wear my headband? There's no point in me even playing then." Didn't he wear a headband anyway? At least for a period of time if I remember correctly.

His fro may have been bad to you, but it was iconic of his game. I always preferred his corn rows myself though.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Apparently he lost his passion for the game the second he was told by Pax he couldn't wear a headband to keep up his ridiculously bad fro.
Haha I can see it now: "You mean I can't wear my headband? There's no point in me even playing then." Didn't he wear a headband anyway? At least for a period of time if I remember correctly.

His fro may have been bad to you, but it was iconic of his game. I always preferred his corn rows myself though.

Yea he wore it, and got benched because of it intially. I was so happy when that happened, because his attitude was piss poor at the beginning of the 06-07 season, and he was a big reason why we got out to a horrendous start. He was openly arguing with Skiles on team rules, that no one else had any problems with. In short, he acted like a diva, like A.I., but played more like Robert "Tractor" Traylor. I thought it would kick him in a butt and let him know you're not bigger than the team. But instead it did the exact opposite because Pax then said it was A-OK, (and I think JR was really behind this since he essentially signed him) that Wallace was exempt to the rules other players religiously adhered to, and that started the downfall of Skiles. I liked Wallace's D that year, and he was an integral part of that year's success. But I never liked his attitude from day one, and was not sad in the least when he was shipped off to the overrated LeBron's.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I can think of 14 million reasons not to retire.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
I can think of 14 million reasons not to retire.

A different link of the article had some quotes from him on it and two of them were hilarious.

The first was how he feels he deserves a buyout. No, what you deserve is to give all your money back to the teams you stole it from.

The second was how he'll retire even if he can't get a buyout. First, BS, second if it's not BS nice way to kill your leverage.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I would have thought the Cavs might want to keep him around as an expiring anyway. If they want to do a trade he's a better guy to lose as salary filler than Z or Sideshow Bob.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I can't see him sacrificing 14 Million to retire early. He should have just signed with Detroit for 12 Million less and finished his career with his friends.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
I can't see him sacrificing 14 Million to retire early. He should have just signed with Detroit for 12 Million less and finished his career with his friends.

Joe Dumars probably would have ended up trading him for Larry Hughes, and he would have ended up in Cleveland anyhow.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Doubtful, they probably would have at least gotten into the finals again. They were in the ECF till this year and that system worked great wonders for him.