Bernie Kosar Watch: "I Lost My Broadcasting Job Due to Concussions"

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just thought he was drunk.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescripti...ssions-cost-him-broadcasting-job/Default.aspx

Bernie Kosar says concussions cost him broadcasting job

Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar says that concussions suffered during his NFL career have resulted in his losing his job as the team's color analyst for preseason games according to Tom Reed of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

“I was informed yesterday by the Cleveland Browns and WKYC that I have been replaced as a 2014 preseason game day color commentator,” Kosar said in a statement. “I believe that this decision stems from my slurred speech impairment, which is a direct result of the many concussions I received while playing in the NFL.”

Of course Kosar's slurred speech was noticeable when he was hired by WKYC so the question arises as to why the station and the Browns would choose to cut ties with Kosar this season. It seems much more likely that Kosar’s unprofessional comments during a preseason game against the St. Louis Rams last year, and the DUI Kosar got a month later, caused the Browns and WKYC to conclude that he’s not someone they want representing them. Kosar is still hoping that he can regain the job. “I would hope that WKYC would reconsider utilizing my in-game talents and overlook my concussion-induced impairment,” Kosar said.

That does not seem likely. But Kosar’s comments should set off alarm bells for lawyers with the Browns and throughout the NFL. At a time when concussion litigation is a major concern in pro football, this is a prominent former player claiming that concussions are costing him the opportunity to make a living now that his playing days are over.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
playing the concussion card.....

malcore

Man, another twenty, thirty years of concussion research and everyone will be forced by law to wear helmets when going outside, or pay a premium on their insurance for risky behaviour.

I wonder if Kosar also blames the concussions for his unprofessional outbursts. Is it not a symptom of CTE also?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
do you think he smokes da pot? cuz he's ragin

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I remember when Josh McCown was Cade McNown according to the Bernster

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
your toilet's free?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ole...It's all about the deposit.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well the concussion caused his dui so it's all fitting.

Are we gonna see Erik Kramer complain how he lost his Bears job?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I've had a couple of concussions in my life, undoubtedly that's why I drink and slurr my speech during Bears games. Prone to unacceptable outbursts also according to the wife:talktohand:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bernie Kosar tells police he can’t do a sobriety test because his offensive line ‘couldn’t block’
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutd...e-t-sobriety-test-because-133910166--nfl.html

I think his doctor probably prescribed alcohol to mask his symptoms.:thinking:
alcoholism-alcoholic-damages-brain-scan.gif

Everybody's different and I'm sure the pic is extreme but if you think you may have lingering effects of getting your head rocked, Bernie's life style is not recommended. Maybe the guy on the right fell down and hit his head a lot.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lawyer speak, lol.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Bernie Kosar tells police he can’t do a sobriety test because his offensive line ‘couldn’t block’
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutd...e-t-sobriety-test-because-133910166--nfl.html

I think his doctor probably prescribed alcohol to mask his symptoms.:thinking:
alcoholism-alcoholic-damages-brain-scan.gif

Everybody's different and I'm sure the pic is extreme but if you think you may have lingering effects of getting your head rocked, Bernie's life style is not recommended. Maybe the guy on the right fell down and hit his head a lot.

Holy cow. *Note to self: slow down your drinking.*

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can you say LAWSUIT? Personally I think that Bernie ought to be given the Cubs TV broadcaster job. Hell, they had Harry butcher the English language for o so many years. Maybe he can pronounce players names backwards again:)