Bernstein : A reason for White Sox Optimism.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know how many of you guys feel about Dan Berstein but this article is an interesting read. It will be really interesting to see how the team shapes up in the coming years.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/07/bernstein-a-reason-for-white-sox-optimism/

Take your eyes away from the flaming garbage that is the White sox at the moment, if you have yet to do so.

Ignore the defensive buffoonery, the maddening struggle to reach base, and the brain-dead behavior once somebody actually, astonishingly gets there, only to be picked off or thrown out. Don’t think about the stalled development of young players, either. And take a deep breath.

Something good is happening, and it’s visible in the hard numbers.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I need some optimism. We have some pitcher and pieces to work with. Cupboards definitely not bare.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I really wonder what this year's team would've looked like with a halfway-decent offense. The pitching has been pretty damn good: starters and bullpen alike.

If you can hang on to most of this pitching staff and develop some younger players in 2-3 years, this team could be in real good shape again.

The question is: how many current players are worth hanging onto during the rebuilding of the offense?

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
Remember that time Boers & Bernstein said Hahn had the hardest job in baseball? Yeah, they're fucking morons.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't know how people here feel about Bernstein? You must not come around very often :lol: don't let Fisch or dews see this, they'll be grumpy the rest of the day

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You don't know how people here feel about Bernstein? You must not come around very often :lol: don't let Fisch or dews see this, they'll be grumpy the rest of the day

Re-read the first sentence of the OP.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The talent level of the team that started the beginning of the season was a .500 team or maybe even a few games above .500. Injuries happened and certain players didn't perform up to the expectations.

I can't remember who it was, but some baseball writer tweeted awhile back that the White Sox, who were something like 25-35, could have at that point in the season been 35-25. Failed expectations the biggest problem. But it helped to point out the fact that even if the team had the capability of being a .500 team it was never going to be a team to win the World Series so a rebuild was needed.