Besides Rose, who is championship caliber?

postdiction

Liked Posts:
Hi,

Firstly, I wanted to ask a question. If Gordon gets resigned for 10-11 mil, how much money will we have for next summer and will we have enough to may guy like Bosh a max contract?

With all of this trade talk I was wondering who you all think are top quality players on the bulls that could be part of a championship team? Most people would say Rose could develop as that type of player but, who else on this roster is that quality of player?

I think BG is because he is consistent 20 ppg scorer and a top 5 closer in the game.

I also really like Salmon's play with the Bulls. He also is capable of 20 ppg if given enough shots and has shown that he is a good closer. During the Boston series, one of the games BG fouled out and at that point i felt we were in trouble because nobody had "onions" to take the big shot. However, Salmons made some clutch shots. Furthermore, he makes his free throws down the stretch. If i remember correctly, he went 4-4 free throws at the end of another game.

Lastly, I think Noah if can get some sort of offensive game can be another piece. I have been really impressed with Noah. As much as I disliked him at Florida, I have really come around on him. I think he can become a better defender and rebounder and also, energy and hustle are important and also things you can't teach.

I like Kirk a lot as a backup PG but, I don't think he can start for a championship team. He does provide shooting, very good defense being able to guard 2-3 positions and flexibility because he can play PG or SG. He is good enough to be the sixth man on a championship team.

As for Tyrus, unless he develops more offense skill and becomes more consistant, he can't be much more than a backup big man.

I have never been a big fan of Deng and he would be the first one I would like to see gone in a trade. I will say I do like that he is a high character guy.

Anyway, who do you guys think are players that we can win a championship with?

Thanks

postdiction

Go Illini!!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Kirk can definitely start on a championship team. Just stick him on the Lakers starting lineup for instance.

I agree with you on Gordon, Salmons and Noah though. Miller might MAYBE just MAYBE be good enough. I might be totally off on that though.

sephcast

Liked Posts:
Other than Rose:

1. Joakim Noah: Has the "it" factor, similar to a Rodman. Brings a spark to the team and knows his role.
2. Kirk Hinrich: As a Bench Contributer, would definitely fit on a championship team.
3. Luol Deng: As a 4th Option, would be absolutely deadly.

It's been this way for a while. We are 1 All-Star away from being a contending team. We have all the pieces, except the one headliner.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
This team needs more than just an all star, this team needs a defensive identity. Don't just consider that a forgone conclusion either.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Anyone can start on a championship team, outside of Rose, I think Gordon is the only other player on the team who has a chance to be in the top 3 players on a championship team though.

postdiction

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Anyone can start on a championship team, outside of Rose, I think Gordon is the only other player on the team who has a chance to be in the top 3 players on a championship team though.

I don't agree, you need a top 10-20 of all time type of player to win a championship, or try to win one like detroit in 2004( i am not sure what year), where you have a lot of good players but no HOFers. Since i have been watching basket ball, the Pistons are the only team to have won a championship w/o a top of all time type of player. The Bulls, rockets, spurs, lakers, and heat all had this type of players.

We do not have that type of player on the Bulls currently thus, not anybody can start on a championship team. Kirk in my opinion is a good backup guard maybe even a 6th man on a championship team but he will never start on the Bulls and be part of a championship and that is not because he plays the same position as Rose. Even if he started at 2, the bulls wouldn't be good enough.
So out of the players currently on the Bulls, I don't consider him a championship caliber player.

laters,

postdiction

Go Illini!!!

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we are one good frontcourt player away from the finals if we keep our backcourt together. :dry:

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
ok, with your first question about salary cap, if we resign gordon to a backweighted 5/50mil deal, then we'll have a team salary of 35mil, which idk if it's enough for a max player, who i believe starts out at ~16 a year. the cap would have to be 61 mil. that's why there's all the talk of dumping kirk. we need to dump about 3-5mil at least, plus we'll have to resolve tyrus' situation next year, or give him a new contract this year. also we'd have enough if salmons opted out. we could maybe make an under-the-table promise with him to resign him, but idk what he'd ask for.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

I can see Noah being the third best guy the same way Rodman was the third best guy. For example, if Rose turned into a superstar, and we signed LeBron in 2010, I can easily see that being a championship team with Noah as the third best guy.

I can't see Gordan being the third best guy on a team with Rose though, unless Rose's defense improves out of sight.

Mike

Liked Posts:
postdiction wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I don't agree, you need a top 10-20 of all time type of player to win a championship, or try to win one like detroit in 2004( i am not sure what year), where you have a lot of good players but no HOFers. Since i have been watching basket ball, the Pistons are the only team to have won a championship w/o a top of all time type of player. The Bulls, rockets, spurs, lakers, and heat all had this type of players.

We do not have that type of player on the Bulls currently thus, not anybody can start on a championship team. Kirk in my opinion is a good backup guard maybe even a 6th man on a championship team but he will never start on the Bulls and be part of a championship and that is not because he plays the same position as Rose. Even if he started at 2, the bulls wouldn't be good enough.
So out of the players currently on the Bulls, I don't consider him a championship caliber player.

laters,

postdiction

Go Illini!!!

1. He didn't say anything about not having a "star" player as your best guy. I think that goes without saying. If Hinrich is your best player, you probably don't have the best shot at winning a title.

2. Really, Kirk can't start on a championship team? Derek Fisher was a starter for the team that just won. Kendrick Perkins started on the team that won before them. Chris Duhon could start on a championship team if he had the right guys around him.

I think that's what Doug as getting at, and it's true. After the top 3 guys on your team (the "Stars"), the type of players you need to win are solid guys who can play their roles effectively, of which we have plenty.