Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Per Jay Zawaski on Twitter:

10-19-81
29-16-88
20-26-23
52-65-28

Thoughts?

That fourth line is interesting, could be a decent grinder line.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
That second line is bad, bad, bad.

13-3!!!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bickell has done nothing all season & gets rewarded to the 2nd line.

While Saad & Steeger get stuck with Handzus. Makes sense.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bickell has done nothing all season & gets rewarded to the 2nd line.

While Saad & Steeger get stuck with Handzus. Makes sense.

If your point of view is based on a basic perception level it doesn't make sense sure.

But rewarding isn't the point of what should be done by a coach. Understanding rational how's and why's makes a lot of difference.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If your point of view is based on a basic persecution level it doesn't make sense sure.

But rewarding isn't the point of what should be done by a coach. Understanding rational how's and why's makes a lot of difference.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

:clap:

This is an obvious attempt to get Bickell going, who was at his absolute best playing with Toews and Kane in the playoffs last year.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Per Jay Zawaski on Twitter:

10-19-81
29-16-88
20-26-23
52-65-28

Thoughts?

That fourth line is interesting, could be a decent grinder line.

It'll be interesting to see how long the lines stick, if they do at all. Dropping Shaw down to the 4th line allows the Blackhawks to still trot that line out against other teams' top lines and grind them out. If Handzus was there, and he may end up there again, I don't think the Blackhawks can do that with his lack of speed.

Would still be great to see Kane get some quality support, but I wouldn't expect it this year with the lack of cap space left for a 2c (approx $1mil, which would of course seem like more with a prorated contract). It can be done, but would have to be a lot of moving parts. After Pirri's stint, I don't believe he is the answer. Handzus has shown he isn't the answer, Shaw isn't, and I don't think Kruger has the ability to stick there. TT did amazing against other boys, but jumping up and playing against men is a different story. Potential and ability is amazing but I believe he is another year away. Tough going for Kane but hopefully he can create enough to be rewarded.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
It'll be interesting to see how long the lines stick, if they do at all. Dropping Shaw down to the 4th line allows the Blackhawks to still trot that line out against other teams' top lines and grind them out. If Handzus was there, and he may end up there again, I don't think the Blackhawks can do that with his lack of speed.

Would still be great to see Kane get some quality support, but I wouldn't expect it this year with the lack of cap space left for a 2c (approx $1mil, which would of course seem like more with a prorated contract). It can be done, but would have to be a lot of moving parts. After Pirri's stint, I don't believe he is the answer. Handzus has shown he isn't the answer, Shaw isn't, and I don't think Kruger has the ability to stick there. TT did amazing against other boys, but jumping up and playing against men is a different story. Potential and ability is amazing but I believe he is another year away. Tough going for Kane but hopefully he can create enough to be rewarded.

Nobody-cares_317034-8534-1-.jpg

13-3!!!

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Mind you tonight's stuff up was all on Kane - where he elected to wheel back into the Hawks' zone instead of getting the puck in deep to the Mtl zone to get a stinking line change -when the other 3 guys were basically blown.

In other words- that fundamental brain cramp was not really line related -88 needs to get his head back into things -as he seems a bit lost in a low scoring defensive contest.

Krueger ... he looked like he was still playing on the 4th line (I only caught a bit of the 2nd and then the rest of the game.). I don't know... think you need Versteeg or Saad on the second line at this point - the entire Big guy, and small slick guy, then hope for the best with a centre that is plugged in there... it worked -but only when that centre was Toews. And that was last season in the playoffs.

I think what the second line needs is really just a centre that can keep up better with the 2 wingers (both of which the Hawks have available with similar high octane offensive ability).

Hrm -then what do you do with the other 2 lines -it sort of messes things up -like building a house of cards.

I don't think that it is fair to add TT to the mix as you only can go with guys available to the current roster. ( Assuming TT is the Finnish kid.).

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Wish the Hawks hadn't taken those early penalties against Montreal tonight. Kinda threw the gameplan into disarray. Hoping to get a better look at those new lineup combos against Edmonton on Sunday.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish the Hawks hadn't taken those early penalties against Montreal tonight. Kinda threw the gameplan into disarray. Hoping to get a better look at those new lineup combos against Edmonton on Sunday.

I saw enough of those lines today :obama:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Doesn't feel like any line combos are going to work right now, are they? Definitely hit a bit of a slump right now.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Doesn't feel like any line combos are going to work right now, are they? Definitely hit a bit of a slump right now.
Pfft, this slump is a good sign.

Every time the Hawks hit a slump in the middle of the season, something special truly happens at the end.

As for the line combos, fuck Q already. I could have told anybody putting Kruger with Kane wasn't a smart idea, and watching Zeus get sniper fired right before me molested Price is very, very Zeus. The Hawks right now have one dominant line and now teams are focusing on it. Shit, they only scored one goal tonight, sheesh.

That being said, I think the time to put Saad at 2C has come into view. Shit, it couldn't hurt.

13-3!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And I know Corsi can't measure everything it sucks blah blah blah, Bickell was the team leader in that statistic for the past two games. So that's something.