4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ace No, Valuable Pitcher, Yes.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he has turned a page in his books. I like that I've seen no bad emotions from Z as of late.

Bears are #1

Liked Posts:
After watching him the last few times i really think he has gotten over the anger issues a little he doesn't seem to freak out over the little things anymore and seems to be more patient pitching also. The reason i think he is pitching better again is because of the way he has realized that he can't blow the ball by people anymore he actually has to pitch now. I have noticed alot more breaking balls since has cmae back. All said and done are we overpaying him yeah, but if he keeps pitching like he is right now he is still a valuable pitcher and could keep some experience in the rotation, or if the Cubs decide to get rid of him has gained a little of his value back.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
I guarantee that 3 months ago you were one of the many Cubs fans who were throwing fits about how Z sucks and is a big baby. Now you think he has matured enough to be an ace? Maturity doesn't have to do with being an ace. He doesn't have good enough stuff to be an ace, IMO.

That's quite an assumption on your part. I don't recall whining about Z, but like most cubs fans I was disappointed with the lack of success. Also, I don't think he is an ace, I was merely asking a question, hence the ?. What I was saying is that he has been different since his return and questioning whether his new attitude, if it should last, will allow him to be the leader of this staff. In the post I tempered my expectations and just made a quick point on what I have observed lately.

Last edited: