Biggs: Bears going to surround Trubs with Free Agents

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
is this news supposed to bust blocks (i.e. Like a blockbuster)? . . .

. . . Snails sucks at free agency. The Frisky One is doomed . . .

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Talk is cheap, let's see results

Last year the Bears were "in on" top FAs and got expensive trash

Are you complaining about a lack of results before the signing period opens?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't like how Biggs says the two biggest positions the Bears will focus on are WR and CB and not mention OLB when Edge Rusher should be a bigger focus than CB should be, not saying getting a legit CB to play opposite Fuller isn't a big need but definitely not a bigger need then Edge Rusher. There's no legit OLB's in free agency to choose from but there's plenty of tier two type guys out there to get and even a few that i'd like to see on one year prove yourself contracts.

The bears have an opportunity to solidify the defensive backfield, and finally have a lineup without glaring weaknesses back there. I am encouraged that the team brass, unlike many fans, realizes that they still need to get a lot better. Fuller played better than awful, and suddenly everyone here thinks we have no needs. Our safeties did OK Our CBs are free agents, and the guy we hope to keep is a #2 at best. Don't stop building that backfield. With Rodgers and Stafford and possibly Cousins in the division, we need more quality and depth.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Are you complaining about a lack of results before the signing period opens?

No I'm complaining about a lack of results after 3 years of free agency but I'm glad you're satisfied

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I'm complaining about a lack of results after 3 years of free agency but I'm glad you're satisfied

Ah, zablonski, those who have eyes, let them see . . .

. . . On the other hand, those results weren't Ryan "Snails" Pace's, they were somebody else's. John Fox's, Teddy Phillips's - anybody else's. And if (when ...) Pace fvvks up free agency this year, those results'll be somebody else's too, and Pace'll need an extension to straighten things out . . .

TL1961

Liked Posts:

How did you make the conclusion that I was satisfied simply based on the fact I am not whining BEFORE free agency?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I don't like how Biggs says the two biggest positions the Bears will focus on are WR and CB and not mention OLB when Edge Rusher should be a bigger focus than CB should be, not saying getting a legit CB to play opposite Fuller isn't a big need but definitely not a bigger need then Edge Rusher. There's no legit OLB's in free agency to choose from but there's plenty of tier two type guys out there to get and even a few that i'd like to see on one year prove yourself contracts.

Reading skillzzz for the win.

"Outside linebacker is a key need too and it’s worth wondering if they seek a reclamation project here. The marketplace is thin when it comes to proven and healthy options".

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Bears should have a big focus on Kyle Fuller & Prince Amukumara free ageny if Fuller leaves it'll be really bad for the team.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Ah, zablonski, those who have eyes, let them see . . .

. . . On the other hand, those results weren't Ryan "Snails" Pace's, they were somebody else's. John Fox's, Teddy Phillips's - anybody else's. And if (when ...) Pace fvvks up free agency this year, those results'll be somebody else's too, and Pace'll need an extension to straighten things out . . .

Haven't you read the news Shoopy - Pace's NFL record as GM is 0-0. He gets a complete do-over because he has a new coach. The rebuild is back to year 1. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
WR and CB look to be the two best positions in free agency. OLB will have to come from the draft I bet. Although I'm sure they'll sign someone there.... I just think the talent is more in the draft.

I think there's a good amount of OLB's in free agency that could be our #3 and #4 edge rushers so it would be nice to go OLB in the 1st (please somehow drop to us B.Chubb) and get a legit guy to play opposite Floyd but after Chubb and H.Landry all the others come with question marks. Davenport is very green, T.Edmunds is very young and on the smaller side to play OLB full time, A.Key has huge question marks and would only draft him if he somehow dropped to #39, I really like both S.Hubbard and D.Armstrong and think both could be legit guys taken in the middle to late 1st and even early 2nd for Armstrong. Kansas had Armstrong playing out of position with having him on the inside of the line so he could really take off at OLB and i think Hubbard looked great at the combine.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't you read the news Shoopy - Pace's NFL record as GM is 0-0. He gets a complete do-over because he has a new coach. The rebuild is back to year 1. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

the shoopster knows all about it, Jimbo. Snails stayed the evil Teddy and revolutionized the way the Bears run football operations this offseason.

Of course, he did it by subjugating the GM position to a new low, sitting in interviews with the team President and CFO chaperoning him. Revolutionary indeed . . .

No matter. Give him time. He's only spent three years amassing close to the worst record in Bear GM history.lets take a look at things in 2020 . . .

. . . Unless the Sweatser keeps meddling. Then, ol' Snails'll need another extension to straighten things out.

BTW, we'll know the Sweatster is meddling of the Bears aren't good. If the Bears are good, then Pace will have succeeded. It really is that simple . . .

. . . Sheesh, and the shoopster doesn't mean the poster . . .

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Sign both Robinson and Watkins for 27m/yr. Extend Goldman, Amos, and Fuller long-term. Release Simms. Tender Meredith and Callahan. Double-dip on OLB in the 1st and 2nd. C and WR in 4. BPA 5-7. Win. /thread

Mauled By Bears

Liked Posts:
Sign both Robinson and Watkins for 27m/yr. Extend Goldman, Amos, and Fuller long-term. Release Simms. Tender Meredith and Callahan. Double-dip on OLB in the 1st and 2nd. C and WR in 4. BPA 5-7. Win. /thread

I’m down.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears should have a big focus on Kyle Fuller & Prince Amukumara free ageny if Fuller leaves it'll be really bad for the team.

He's tagged. He can't leave unless we let him.