Biggs on NFL Network Radio Discussing Rookie Camp

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I still have some illogical fantasy land hope for Shaheen and I don't know why.

Also, that shits funny.

I hope that the dude is something. But, at this point in my fandom that illogical hope for players who are injured or not good is gone. For every Kyle Fuller there is a laundry list of injured bums that will never live up to what the Bears invested in them. It is such a small percentage and even Fuller showed he could play as a rookie.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I hope that the dude is something. But, at this point in my fandom that illogical hope for players who are injured or not good is gone. For every Kyle Fuller there is a laundry list of injured bums that will never live up to what the Bears invested in them. It is such a small percentage and even Fuller showed he could play as a rookie.
Maybe it's my assumption that TE usually take 2 years regardless to really come into their own. Couple that with his learning curve and injuries and I give this smidgen of benefit of the doubt.

That's certainly a mountain of evidence that he will not be any good to climb out of though. So I admit it is irrational.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I see hypothetically how he could be.

What I have seen on the field is a guy that is so slow and lumbering that he gets jammed and taken out of plays by the worse coverage LB on the other team and a guy who runs 3-5 yard routes, before getting injured.

Hypothetical talent does not really matter when we have 33 games to assess.

But you only have 20 total targets to see all that with so not much to go off of.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Shaheen shows that he is healthy and actually does something in the preseason, great. I am not going to hold a spot for him to prove something during the season. If there are X TEs better than him at the end of preseason and they plan on only keeping X TEs, I have no problem cutting him. But at least give him a chance during the preseason.

Do you know which TE never got a chance due to injury but the Bears stuck with him? Miller. He was a constant IR player until he wasn't. He was pretty damn good when actually healthy.

You make a great point using Miller and his situation with the Bears, probably such a good point that i'm gonna guess you don't get a reply about it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But you only have 20 total targets to see all that with so not much to go off of.

Only getting 20 targets is more Shaheen's fault than anyone else's fault.

That is not a positive for Shaheen. You cannot get targeted when you are in the training room or being jammed at the line by an Eagles LB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
His rookie year he caught 4 TDs and 2 of them were him just sitting wide open because the entire NFL barely recognized his existence.

I cannot think of a better example of the word "forgettable" than Adam Shaheen.

I want that on a plaque at the Bear Forum entrance.

Yeah i'm sure the HC/DC and the 11 defenders didn't even notice him...LOL. It's not like this is the NFL or anything. Hahaha

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Miller played in 29/32 games to open his career.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Your Shaheen-Stanning reminds me of some advice I received once: if you have one foot in yesterday, and one foot in tomorrow, then you won't have a leg to stand on today.
Apt, and also reminds me of this saying:

If both of your feet are in velcro shoes and each foot takes turns in your mouth, people are going to find you hard to understand.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well you didn't believe in Pace up until last year either so i guess there's still hope for you to turn your belief in Shaheen around to.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well you didn't believe in Pace up until last year either so i guess there's still hope for you to turn your belief in Shaheen around to.
Hey, the man that moves mountains begins by carrying away small stones.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Only getting 20 targets is more Shaheen's fault than anyone else's fault.

That is not a positive for Shaheen. You cannot get targeted when you are in the training room or being jammed at the line by an Eagles LB.

I wasn't blaming anyone, i was just saying that you don't have very much to go off of to make all the judgments you did in the post i replied to is all. I'm just saying that we don't have much to go off of either way which i why i say why not give him one more year to hope he can stay somewhat healthy and prove himself if he does.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your Shaheen-Stanning reminds me of some advice I received once: if you have one foot in yesterday, and one foot in tomorrow, then you won't have a leg to stand on today.

At least i'll still have those 3 fingers pointing back at me so that's something to look forward to....:rolleyes:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shaheen is a dud get over it. Not all draft picks are going to make it it’s ok bro
But if he doesn't get another couple years of playing time and an extension, how will we really know he isn't a beast like Kevin White will be at some point, possibly?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah i'm sure the HC/DC and the 11 defenders didn't even notice him...LOL. It's not like this is the NFL or anything. Hahaha

I had a reply for this, but seems I have forgotten whom we were discussing. Must not have been anyone very memorable.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@dabears70 thinks injuries and lack of targets is more of a positive than a negative for Shaheen. This is incredible, it's like we entered an alternate reality where logic gets abandoned and replaced by low quality shit tier "He could be good, tho!" Dabears70 posts.

Who am I kidding, this is just another day in good ol' CCS. You are such a stain of a poster, how can anyone possibly see everyone disagree with them and think it's just because of "trolls" that are "out to get them'