Biggs: Pace in shaky ground

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rumors have circulated in the last week that the Bears could target Kansas City Chiefs director of football operations Mike Borgonzi. This is speculation, but I heard this from two unrelated sources in the last few days, and with the Chiefs earning the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs, Borgonzi wouldn’t be available to be hired away until the season is complete for the defending Super Bowl champions.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would think only a KC person familiar with Nagy would take the job with him already in place. If Pace goes everyone needs to go IMO.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would be apex Bears to bring in a KC guy with the stipulation that you have to keep Nagy around, likely so they don't have to pay two years of buyout.
Hopefully this Pace news is true and the reports Teddy may retire were true. If so I think it would be hard to bring someone in without giving them the ability ti axe Nagy.

I wonder who wanted Mooney because hes a home run it seems.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idt anyone getting fired but wouldn’t it be hilarious if a kc gm would fire Naggy
Re reading what WC posted it almost feels like they are saying “Nagy gets to pick his new GM”.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Pace should be a scout. He's really good at finding dudes in the mid rounds, which is the most important thing in sustained success other than QB and coach. He is obviously not good at those things.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I would think only a KC person familiar with Nagy would take the job with him already in place. If Pace goes everyone needs to go IMO.

It would be like a Phil EMery move. He was hired and made choice whether or not to keep Lovie Smith

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Rumors have circulated in the last week that the Bears could target Kansas City Chiefs director of football operations Mike Borgonzi. This is speculation, but I heard this from two unrelated sources in the last few days, and with the Chiefs earning the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs, Borgonzi wouldn’t be available to be hired away until the season is complete for the defending Super Bowl champions.
Biggs? lmao

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Interesting coming from Biggs. He is one lazy reporter, but he usually doesn't traffic in rumors unless they are verified.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Original source on this? I know Biggs, but on radio? Twitter? Something linkable?

Edit: Nevermind, found it, in the Trib article from him today.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Semi-agree. It's not like Nagy is a bad coach. There's a ton of self-reflection that he should be doing. A stronger GM might be able to deflate that ego a bit.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully this Pace news is true and the reports Teddy may retire were true. If so I think it would be hard to bring someone in without giving them the ability ti axe Nagy.

I wonder who wanted Mooney because hes a home run it seems.

Would love to know the bolded part too. Was it a Pace discovery? Or did Nagy pound the table for Mooney?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Where did Biggs say this? Column or radio?

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Lot of conflicting reports lately.

What if this dude the Bears are looking at isn't to replace Pace, but Ted Phillips?