Biggs: Pace in shaky ground

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Lot of conflicting reports lately.

What if this dude the Bears are looking at isn't to replace Pace, but Ted Phillips?
It would make no difference if they fire phillips. Right now the top football guy is pace. Pace has been able to do what he wants with the team without hindrance from the mccaskeys.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
It would make no difference if they fire phillips. Right now the top football guy is pace. Pace has been able to do what he wants with the team without hindrance from the mccaskeys.

You've made my argument for me.

Pace currently has been able to do what he wants with the team without hindrance from the mccaskeys.

If Ted Phillips retires, and it would be a retirement and not a firing, that opens the door to bring in a football oriented team president who would then get some of the power Ryan Pace has and not allow Pace to operate so freely.

So don't tell me it wouldn't make a difference.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is not a bad coach, he is a horrible play caller.. This has been proven by him removing himself from play calling (wins) and then reinserting himself into play calling (losses).

The Bears can keep him as far as I'm concerned as long as he never calls another play for the team.

Pagano, on the other hand, has shown he has no business running a defense. He should be shown the exit ASAP.

If Pace doesn't get this, show him the door as well

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Nagy is not a bad coach, he is a horrible play caller.. This has been proven by him removing himself from play calling (wins) and then reinserting himself into play calling (losses).

The Bears can keep him as far as I'm concerned as long as he never calls another play for the team.

Pagano, on the other hand, has shown he has no business running a defense. he should be shown the exit ASAP.

If Pace doesn't get this, show him the door as well

That does seem to be the book on Matt Nagy, and I do agree with you on Pagano.

What I really want to see from Nagy is growth.

As a young coach in the league if all of his whiz-bang ideas flounder, show me you can adjust.

I've seen some signs of life here late in the season, but not enough body of work. Thought I did, but Nagy finally changing some things has me willing to be patient.

But not too patient...

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That does seem to be the book on Matt Nagy, and I do agree with you on Pagano.

What I really want to see from Nagy is growth.

As a young coach in the league if all of his whiz-bang ideas flounder, show me you can adjust.

I've seen some signs of life here late in the season, but not enough body of work. Thought I did, but Nagy finally changing some things has me willing to be patient.

But not too patient...
There was some growth on Nagys part.. Accepting the fact that play calling should be left to someone else was a step in the right direction.. Then he went and blew it all by taking play calling over again yesterday.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I heard the interview this morning. Haugh just asked about Borgonzi and dumb ass Biggs said it would make sense because of their KC relationship and he would be on the same page as Nagy. So this means they would be hiring a GM to fit with Matt "Vince Lombardi" Nagy.

The more pertinent thing that Biggs mentioned was that the Bears have been 16-16 over the last two years but 3-12 against > .500 teams and that would bother George greatly.

So that means they are 13- 4 against <= .500 teams and soon to be 3-13 against good teams.
quoting a line from Anthony Michael Hall the Bears are truly "king of the dipshits".

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

What if this dude the Bears are looking at isn't to replace Pace, but Ted Phillips?

Getting rid of Phillips should be move 1

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Priority 1 is to get rid of Pace.

Is a KC guy my ideal scenario, no. But, if it is the only way to get someone in here who will stop missing at QB and morgating the future to go 8-8 I am down.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There was some growth on Nagys part.. Accepting the fact that play calling should be left to someone else was a step in the right direction.. Then he went and blew it all by taking play calling over again yesterday.
Ripping the toy from a wailing child's hands in Walmart is not growth, esp if you allow him to pick it up again and validate his bad behavior. Nagy needs some corporal punishment in the form of a pink slip.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Interesting coming from Biggs. He is one lazy reporter, but he usually doesn't traffic in rumors unless they are verified.

Yeah this was verified by two unrelated sources....whatever that means, but obviously take with grain of salt.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ripping the toy from a wailing child's hands in Walmart is not growth, esp if you allow him to pick it up again and validate his bad behavior. Nagy needs some corporal punishment in the form of a pink slip.

That would be ideal, but it seems unlikely. Nagy's ego has cost us being competitive in so many games. We do not have the offensive talent to run what he wants.

I guess they are choosing, if the dump Pace, to address the talent issue more than the coach ego issue.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Blow the whole damn thing up or keep Nagy and Pace and get a new damn QB for this team.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
its simple. replace sweaty teddy and let his successor make a decision on bringing in a new GM. A new Gm can then evaluate current coaching and roster, and make his decisions form there. Doesnt matter if this happens this offseason, next year or two years from now, thats the proper route to take

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blow the whole damn thing up or keep Nagy and Pace and get a new damn QB for this team.

I think the ideal scenario would be to flush the entire thing.

But if you are simply replacing the QB the GM should go as well. Not only is Pace an abject failure at the position, but picking a QB is a big time "future" move for a team and I am not sure you can let Pace make those types of moves when he isn't guaranteed to be here to see them through.

A new GM is here 4-5 years regardless of what happens with Nagy, he will be here to see what the new QB becomes.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Priority 1 is to get rid of Pace.

Is a KC guy my ideal scenario, no. But, if it is the only way to get someone in here who will stop missing at QB and morgating the future to go 8-8 I am down.

Yeah that one big miss at QB means he can never get it right...LOL

No need for your ignorant response of the one year Glennon deal and Nagy's guy Foles which isn't even an argument cause those weren't franchise QB type moves.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They all should be fired but if that is not in the cards then might as well start somewhere