Biggs: Pace in shaky ground

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy is not a bad coach, he is a horrible play caller.. This has been proven by him removing himself from play calling (wins) and then reinserting himself into play calling (losses).

The Bears can keep him as far as I'm concerned as long as he never calls another play for the team.

Pagano, on the other hand, has shown he has no business running a defense. He should be shown the exit ASAP.

If Pace doesn't get this, show him the door as well

Agreed with Nagy and Pagano.

I want Pace fired, he needs to be held accountable for fucking up at QB. It’s why the Bears continue to be in football hell.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You have to believe there is some truth to the rumors. McCaskey's have to be looking at Pace's body of work thinking he has found some gems, but he really fucked up the most important position. Do we really trust him to fix that error or will he set us back another 5 years?

They also have to be thinking that they gave Pace two opportunities to find a head coach. Fox was a complete bust and Nagy (somehow making it to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years) seems to be completely outcoached against good teams. There is a huge difference between the McVays/Shannahans/Vrabels, etc in the NFL.

I think back to the Rams/Bears game. It was painfully obvious to anyone who was watching that game how large of a gap there was between Nagy/McVay.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Rumors have circulated in the last week that the Bears could target Kansas City Chiefs director of football operations Mike Borgonzi. This is speculation, but I heard this from two unrelated sources in the last few days, and with the Chiefs earning the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs, Borgonzi wouldn’t be available to be hired away until the season is complete for the defending Super Bowl champions.
I started the Borgonzi train back in October on this board. I still feel he and E.B will end up with the Texans as a package deal.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Semi-agree. It's not like Nagy is a bad coach. There's a ton of self-reflection that he should be doing. A stronger GM might be able to deflate that ego a bit.
I disagree....He had his chance for self reflection, allowed it for a couple of weeks, and then went back to what has failed.

Nagy got jealous of his own offenses success, because he wasn't being given direct credit for it, and actively chose to make it worse by re-inserting himself in a bigger role. That is Nagy ahead of the team. That might be the worst quality in a head coach I can think of.

I am hoping there is change at any level, but this team will never be consistently above average with Nagy at the helm. If it's decided the changes start above his head, fine. I just hope it's not a hard condition he is kept if a team president or new GM is brought on.

If it's a KC guy and they make a super bowl run, and a bunch of coaches are already hired, it might make sense to wait and find your guy.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah that one big miss at QB means he can never get it right...LOL

No need for your ignorant response of the one year Glennon deal and Nagy's guy Foles which isn't even an argument cause those weren't franchise QB type moves.

Pace passed on Jordan and Kobe and traded up for Sam Bowie.

It will be a good 30 of 30 episode.

If you don’t think a GM should be fired for that, no GM should ever be fired.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the ideal scenario would be to flush the entire thing.

But if you are simply replacing the QB the GM should go as well. Not only is Pace an abject failure at the position, but picking a QB is a big time "future" move for a team and I am not sure you can let Pace make those types of moves when he isn't guaranteed to be here to see them through.

A new GM is here 4-5 years regardless of what happens with Nagy, he will be here to see what the new QB becomes.

I think i've made it pretty much known in the last month or so that i'm good with throwing in the towel on R.Pace and this whole thing. My number one thing is being a Bears fan and whatever it takes to get this damn team back to being a team other teams are scared to play. I want to always have a chance when we meet the Packers like it used to be. I don't want to be a team with just a great defense anymore and want a real fucking QB and i know how hard it is to find a real QB but put the fucking effort in.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

LOL at comparing Watson to either Kobe or Jordan, but then again you are like 0 for life at QB eval. He is Scottie Pippen at best.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I don't think he should be fired for that one thing because i look at things a little different then some of you do. I understand that someone always has to take the blame for whatever that is and in this case it's personnel and that's on Pace but that doesn't mean the guy knows what a player will be in the future and that goes for any GM. They are people just like any of us and before that draft Trubisky and Watson were the #1 and #2 QB's by pretty much anyone that mattered. He didn't take Watson because of the injury history which you can't kill the guy for but i wish he would of. Nobody saw anything close to what we've seen from Mahomes before the draft.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we can all agree that MT is not the answer. Oh, if they want to use him as a gap QB fine but I don't see the Bears drafting a QB high in the draft. And I would be afraid that Pace would fuck that up anyway. So, the Bears are in QB hell (as someone noted above). I would not trust Pace to make another QB decision and I don't trust Nagy calling plays. So we have a GM who can't evaluate and draft a QB and an "offensive" HC who can't call plays. And the McCaskey's and Teddy running the show. Welcome to disfunction junction.

I could see , I could understand, either or both keeping their jobs should the Bears beat NO. If the Bears are blown out-again-it would be my opinion that Pace be fired. I would leave the Nagy decision to the new GM. I don't know what in the world you do about the QB situation.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL at comparing Watson to either Kobe or Jordan, but then again you are like 0 for life at QB eval. He is Scottie Pippen at best.

Mahomes and Watson are ranked #1 and #2 respectively in QB passer rating in nfl history.

I wanted Watson and have the thread receipts to prove it. Don’t confuse my moniker/bears fandom with my QB evals you twit.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
i think this would be a smart move. Bears need somebody who can identify offensive talent and nobody does it better than KC.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully this Pace news is true and the reports Teddy may retire were true. If so I think it would be hard to bring someone in without giving them the ability ti axe Nagy.

I wonder who wanted Mooney because hes a home run it seems.
Me and Furrey, LOL.
I'm sure he was somewhere on every team's radar but it was the WR coach that lobbied hard for him on draft day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think we can all agree that MT is not the answer. Oh, if they want to use him as a gap QB fine but I don't see the Bears drafting a QB high in the draft. And I would be afraid that Pace would fuck that up anyway. So, the Bears are in QB hell (as someone noted above). I would not trust Pace to make another QB decision and I don't trust Nagy calling plays. So we have a GM who can't evaluate and draft a QB and an "offensive" HC who can't call plays. And the McCaskey's and Teddy running the show. Welcome to disfunction junction.

I could see , I could understand, either or both keeping their jobs should the Bears beat NO. If the Bears are blown out-again-it would be my opinion that Pace be fired. I would leave the Nagy decision to the new GM. I don't know what in the world you do about the QB situation.

Well we really can't draft a QB high now cause the Bears did what the Bears always do and put themselves out of range for the top 3 for sure so unless lance for some reason drop to the early 20's which i don't think happens then it's either take a very risky swing on Trask or M.Jones or draft o-line/WR and look at the QB's that are there in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round.

I don't put anything past Pace when it comes to drafts cause he could make a huge trade to trade up if that chance is there and depending on who he got i'm not sure i'd be mad about it, but that would also depend on how much we gave up to get up in top 5 to get one of them which would be a lot coming from the early 20's.

This of course is if Pace is even here to make these choices.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Has any team ever fired one of their coordinators before the post-season?

idk about right before but ravens fired their oc in season and won the super bowl. I forgot when in season they did that

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just looked it up yes 2012 they fired cam Cameron week 14. So when the defense was going no where they could of made some moves to right the ship cause the captain right now is a failure. Week 14 move saved their season and got them a Super Bowl

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well we really can't draft a QB high now cause the Bears did what the Bears always do and put themselves out of range for the top 3 for sure so unless lance for some reason drop to the early 20's which i don't think happens then it's either take a very risky swing on Trask or M.Jones or draft o-line/WR and look at the QB's that are there in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round.

I don't put anything past Pace when it comes to drafts cause he could make a huge trade to trade up if that chance is there and depending on who he got i'm not sure i'd be mad about it, but that would also depend on how much we gave up to get up in top 5 to get one of them which would be a lot coming from the early 20's.

This of course is if Pace is even here to make these choices.
Strongly disagree. You can still find QBs in the 20s or later.