Biggs: Pace in shaky ground

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
and lost to the Bears. Watson is a very good quarterback that seems to need perfection around him to win.
His only victories came against...Jacksonville, Detroit and New England.

He is still better than what we have but it doesn’t mean we would be in bettered worse shape with him.
We will never know and can never prove it.

I think the Texans should have waited on the huge contract they gave him.
O-8 against non losing teams.
They started 0-4 went 4-4 in the middle ended 0-4.

The Texans lost 38-41 yesterday. Gave up a bomb to AJ Brown w/ 30 seconds left to put them in fg range. Their defense gave up 30+ in 8 games. Watson doesn’t need perfection to win, just a defense in the middle of the pack rather than bottom 3.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would think only a KC person familiar with Nagy would take the job with him already in place. If Pace goes everyone needs to go IMO.
Well that sounds like Nagy finally won the power struggle with Pace.

Either one of Pace's farts finally stunk up the press box, Phillips decided not to go down without taking some heads, or Pace himself realizes his Chicago opportunity is played out and he should move on to greener pastures while he can before his image is completely tarnished, and is himself the driving impetus to speed up the process and just let Nagy finish this himself with his own guy.

Edit: or what Bruno said. I think that is a great take on it.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have any problem with keeping Nagy for another year. The Bears are not going to be competitive with the quarterbacks available to them. Let him take on the stink of losing so the next head coach can have more of a fresh start.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
As was pointed out last night on one of the post game shows. The problem is the Bears Organization. They have gone through 3 GM using the same metrics to hire all three. All three have failed. It isn't the GM's (sorta) that's the problem but the metric used to hire them which hasn't changed because the same dude is in charge. There is not a scenario where this is fixed without fixing the guy at the top.

Change has to start there.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
As was pointed out last night on one of the post game shows. The problem is the Bears Organization. They have gone through 3 GM using the same metrics to hire all three. All three have failed. It isn't the GM's (sorta) that's the problem but the metric used to hire them which hasn't changed because the same dude is in charge. There is not a scenario where this is fixed without fixing the guy at the top.

Change has to start there.

What 'metrics' are being used?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What 'metrics' are being used?
According to the analysts... Whatever metric used to hire three bad GM's in a row. The Bears are looking for a certain TYPE of GM. All three fit that "type" according to the expert. Not sure he defined it, except to say, the type has not been successful, as the results have shown.

Edit: Basically, the Bears need someone else picking the GM... Not the same guy who's picked the last three.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Someone explain to me how the fuck is Pace on shaky ground but Nagy safe? Both of these retards should be fired. What a bush-league organization.
A charitable interpretation would be: Nagy isn't on 'shaky ground' because ownership doesn't want to meddle with football decisions and will let keeping Nagy or firing him be 100% the decision of the next GM, a decision they will support regardless which way it goes.

But given how ownership basically told Pace when he was hired that he had to go with Fox for coach, I think it's more likely that if this report is true, its ownership sticking their incompetent ASU educated noses where they don't fuckin belong.

IN a perfect world both are shitcanned after losing to NO next week.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just looked it up yes 2012 they fired cam Cameron week 14. So when the defense was going no where they could of made some moves to right the ship cause the captain right now is a failure. Week 14 move saved their season and got them a Super Bowl
Cameron was Paganos replacement, no?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worked pretty well for Ballard...
Colts don't have a long term solution at QB either and Rivers is set to retire. Lets see Ballard get them a franchise QB before we anoint him like people on here like to do.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears have to get the QB position right and now they have to get the DC position right because Pagano is just plain garbage. Trey Lance is the QB that could be in the range the Bears will be drafting or in trade up range. Until the Bears get the QB position right, these coaches and GMs will always be on the bubble. I can tell you this, I absolutely hate these short pass routes from the Green Bay game (do not threaten the defense at all). The other issue is the Bears may need up to 5 new receivers next year. Mooney is a very good receiver and other than Robinson, there is no other receiver that is a serious threat. Wims is worthless out there.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Texans lost 38-41 yesterday. Gave up a bomb to AJ Brown w/ 30 seconds left to put them in fg range. Their defense gave up 30+ in 8 games. Watson doesn’t need perfection to win, just a defense in the middle of the pack rather than bottom 3.
Yep......he lost to a good team......seems like it’s a constant with quarterbacks this season. It easy to blame the defense when the offense settles for 5 FGs. If 2 of those were TDs, I wonder what the outcome would have been.
The Titans had 7 scoring drives and the Texans had 8 . Seems like the offense should at least share some blame.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Colts don't have a long term solution at QB either and Rivers is set to retire. Lets see Ballard get them a franchise QB before we anoint him like people on here like to do.

Colts are in a far better situation than the Bears. LOL, and he built around a franchise QB that just happened to retire. They also have a good HC. I'd take Ballard over Pace.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep......he lost to a good team......seems like it’s a constant with quarterbacks this season. It easy to blame the defense when the offense settles for 5 FGs. If 2 of those were TDs, I wonder what the outcome would have been.
The Titans had 7 scoring drives and the Texans had 8 . Seems like the offense should at least share some blame.

It’s amusing to me to see coming from a Bears fan when it’s not the Bears and a team gives up 41 that the QB is blamed for not doing enough.

The Texans gave up 200+ rushing yards to Henry.

Lol.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't have any problem with keeping Nagy for another year. The Bears are not going to be competitive with the quarterbacks available to them. Let him take on the stink of losing so the next head coach can have more of a fresh start.
What quarterbacks are available to them....