Biggs: Pace in shaky ground

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s amusing to me to see coming from a Bears fan when it’s not the Bears and a team gives up 41 that the QB is blamed for not doing enough.

The Texans gave up 200+ rushing yards to Henry.

Lol.
If that were the Bears/Mitch he'd torch the defense to no end. Can't take him seriously.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
it'll be interesting to see what happens...if they keep nagy, its because of the money, they dont want to pay 2 yrs of nagy plus a new head coach's salary. Also if they keep nagy and he fires pagano, noone is going to come to chicago when nagy is going into 2021 as lame duck status, the likely choice will be to promote from within like jay rodgers who seems deserving for the work he's done on the dline.

The best hope is that mccaskey moves on from phillips or phillips decides to retire and they bring in a real football guy to run operations and evaluate pace and nagy as well as hire a competent GM.

think about it...if a real football guy was here instead of phillips when pace was deciding on trubisky, i'd like to believe that there would have been more discussions on trubisky being the guy vs phillips who probably just nodded and agreed with pace.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It’s amusing to me to see coming from a Bears fan when it’s not the Bears and a team gives up 41 that the QB is blamed for not doing enough.

The Texans gave up 200+ rushing yards to Henry....AGAIN.

Lol.
big deal.
They rushed 41 times.
It was Henry.
It is not like he never rushed for 200 yards before.....lol...against the Texans

I think that if you are gonna blame the defense for losing then you should also give some type of acknowledgement that the offense could have helped out a bit. Just 1 td instead of FG would have did the trick.
And just for the record, I actually am blaming the whole offense.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colts are in a far better situation than the Bears. LOL, and he built around a franchise QB that just happened to retire. They also have a good HC. I'd take Ballard over Pace.
I guess we will see next year without Rivers.

I would take Ballard over Pace too but people act like hes Theo Epstein.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears have to get the QB position right and now they have to get the DC position right because Pagano is just plain garbage. Trey Lance is the QB that could be in the range the Bears will be drafting or in trade up range. Until the Bears get the QB position right, these coaches and GMs will always be on the bubble. I can tell you this, I absolutely hate these short pass routes from the Green Bay game (do not threaten the defense at all). The other issue is the Bears may need up to 5 new receivers next year. Mooney is a very good receiver and other than Robinson, there is no other receiver that is a serious threat. Wims is worthless out there.
Please....no more trading up. We have too many holes to fill to give away a limited number of draft picks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
big deal.
They rushed 41 times.
It was Henry.
It is not like he never rushed for 200 yards before.....lol...against the Texans

I think that if you are gonna blame the defense for losing then you should also give some type of acknowledgement that the offense could have helped out a bit. Just 1 td instead of FG would have did the trick.
And just for the record, I actually am blaming the whole offense.
The #1 offense in the league averages 31.8PPG. If you score 38 points and lose, that is not on the offense, regardless of if they scored enough TDs. Completely idiot thing to say.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It’s a fucking great analogy.
It's actually a moronic analogy. Funny thing is all you needed was there in that draft, Bowie went 2, Jordan 3, and Barkley 5.
Mahomes is on a Jordan trajectory, and Watson seems to be a very Barkley like great player but never a champion type.

Then you had to go and substitute a guy not even in the draft that was a 5 time champion and compare Watson to him for drama.

It was a Nagy-esque analogy. It was there and working and then you threw in some unnecessary bullshit and fucked it up and now are either too stupid or egotistical to admit it.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, maybe I've missed it - but is there any proof that it was Nagy and not Lazor that was calling plays yesterday?

Or is it possible that they were calling the same plays as they have been the last few weeks, but were up against a better defense?

#1, HOW DARE YOU!

#2, If things go wrong offensively, it's Nagy. If things go right offensively, it's Lazor. Apparently someone didnt get the memo??

But seriously though, I'm not a big Nagy guy but aside from Robinson and Montgomery, what exactly does he have to work with? The O-line blows. Trubisky is awful and Foles is a statue which isn't a good mix behind a shit O-line. Nagy's only answer to that was catering his entire scheme to Trubisky's one strength (mobility) and his QB can barely run that type of offense correctly.

Not sticking up for Nagy, he's a big part of what's wrong with this team, but he was pretty much fucked from the get go.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Semi-agree. It's not like Nagy is a bad coach. There's a ton of self-reflection that he should be doing. A stronger GM might be able to deflate that ego a bit.

Not is he only a bad coach, but he's a stubborn coach that doesn't put his team in the position to win.

Stubborn at best (because he believes in his system, no matter the limitations of the personnel?), AT WORST: he doesn't know any other way to do it. That is NOT the guy you want as the head coach of a professional football team.

I think he is a motivator/organizationally.. and a guy that keeps spirits up in the locker room, but that doesn't make you a success as a coach in the NFL. What has he actually done? What has he won? Who has he developed? What qualifications can you legitimately put your finger on that give you confidence in his ability to mold a team to beat GB?

I can tell you who he's run off, scapegoated or ruined: What about that poor fuck Helfrich? What about Heistand? Jordan "Ill get you the ball more, I promise" Howard? Mitch? Foles? But it's never him huh..

The fact is he was barely qualified to be an OC in this league and Pace fell for his sales pitch based on optics, Nagy's hype man pitch and a dream. HC of the Bears should not have been his next job. He wasn't ready and def not well-rounded enough to be this stubborn.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not is he only a bad coach, but he's a stubborn coach that doesn't put his team in the position to win.

Stubborn at best (because he believes in his system, no matter the limitations of the personnel?), AT WORST: he doesn't know any other way to do it. That is NOT the guy you want as the head coach of a professional football team.

I think he is a motivator and a guy that keeps spirits up in the locker room, but that doesn't make his a success as a coach in the NFL. What has he actually done? What has he won? Who has he developed? What qualifications can you legitimately put your finger on that give you confidence in his ability to mold a team to beat GB?

The fact is he was barely qualified to be an OC in this league and Pace fell for his sales pitch based on optics, Nagy's hype man pitch and a dream. HC of the Bears should not have been his next job. He wasn't ready and def not well-rounded enough to be this stubborn.
Ok.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I guess we will see next year without Rivers.

I would take Ballard over Pace too but people act like hes Theo Epstein.
The Ballard worship on this site always cracks me up. The QB situation in Indy is going to get interesting. Buzz is they will go after Wentz to reunite him with Reich. If that's the plan, good luck with that.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Strongly disagree. You can still find QBs in the 20s or later.
Yes, you can find good potential QBs, but when have the Bears ever DEVELOPED a QB?
Does anybody think the Bears have a QB coach that will make a difference?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not going to have enough time to read this whole thread, so excuse me if this point has been made.

There's ppl suggesting we are keeping Mitch because Pace and Nagy's jobs are on the line next year. We need to stop speculating because nobody knows if Pace and Nagy are safe or not...and I doubt the decision on keeping Trubisky hinges on management's perceived job security.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
RE: Defense --

Pace totally rebuilt that side of the ball after arriving in 2015, but the roster he constructed has been smack-dab in the middle of the pack over the last two seasons with a 16-16 record. Against teams that finished with a winning record, the Bears are 3-12 over the last two seasons. They haven’t measured up well against quality opponents.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pure speculation and I think Jones goes before Trask. They have them 2 rounds apart with the wrong one going 1st. I think they're both 2nd rounders but QBs so who knows.

I think a team could take Jones in the 1st round.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears desperately need to draft a franchise QB.

Pace is an abject failure at scouting and acquiring QBs.

I am really not sure why this is a discussion?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't say you can't. I've actually made many posts about how we could draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round and wouldn't say that if i didn't think you could and the fact that it's been proven many many times that Franchise QB's can be found in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th rounds of drafts.

You can find good QBs anywhere, but it gets harder as more teams pick and the pool shrinks.

I am not sure why we should have faith in a GM who had his pick of any QB in the draft, in a draft with 2 elite QBs, and traded up for the bad one, to all of a sudden unearth a 2nd round gem.