Bill belichick

msadows

Liked Posts:
Seriously tho, as far as the pairing of brady/BB goes, its pretty easy to see the GOAT player always matters much much more than the coach.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
TBF didn't the Patriots also have the most players opt out due to Covid? Losing a HOF QB is never easy, regardless of the HC. Let's see how BB rebuilds.

They let him walk with no replacement on the roster.

I think they go after Prescott.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. They’ll be back with their 4,000 draft picks and $70m free in cap
RB Brandon Bolden (July 28)
OT Marcus Cannon (July 28)
S Patrick Chung (July 28)
LB Dont'a Hightower (July 28)
WR Marqise Lee (August 1)
OG Najee Toran (July 27)
FB Danny Vitale (July 27)
TE Matt LaCosse (August 2)
I don't understand why people don't get this. The Patriots still have a top 10 defense. They will have a top 5 defense next year, top 5 Oline (per usual) and just a a competent QB away from being a contender.

Interesting fact: During Pace's 6 years in Chicago he has had 39 draft picks. Over that same span Bill has had 53. Just another reason why Pace should be shown the door.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people don't get this. The Patriots still have a top 10 defense. They will have a top 5 defense next year, top 5 Oline (per usual) and just a a competent QB away from being a contender.

Interesting fact: During Pace's 6 years in Chicago he has had 39 draft picks. Over that same span Bill has had 53. Just another reason why Pace should be shown the door.

Yes man, to say BB doesn't know how to draft is ignorant. They're always a top 10 team. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy G is back in New England next year. AND they have #14 pick this year lol..

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

Their offensive skill position players are probably the worst in the league. They need major upgrades everywhere on offense, minus the line. Mahomes wouldn't put up good numbers with that supporting cast - it's that bad.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe Bill's greatest asset is his ability to maintain a top 10 defense most of his years in NE while having one of the youngest defenses every year. His defenses were primarily players on rookie contracts except for 2 or 3 that he felt were worthy of a 2nd contract. Bill always stays ahead of the draft game. Drafts Richard Seymour in 1st rd, 3 all pro seasons in the 6 years in NE, trades Seymour to the Raiders for a 1st rd pic. Say what you want about Bill but he is the best there ever was at the draft game and one of the best defensive minds in the game.

Why can't we just say Tom and Bill would not have achieved the success they did if the Patriots never drafted Tom. It doesn't have to be...Tom sucks and Bill is great or vice-versa. How about they both were great and their record proves that out.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
They will trade up to target a QB BB likes. Or, and I’m not saying this just because Mitch has had a good run for 4 games or so, he will go after Mitch. I believe there is a solid chance Mitch is wearing a Patriots jersey next year and ends up having a pretty good career.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pats #1 defense is at home right now and they have basically #5 and #6 receivers playing the #1 and #2 spots.
They'll be fine when Bellichick's defense returns next season. Plus they have a crap ton of cap space.

I feel like it's a Bellichick thing to go after a player like Mitch, who would thrive in a McDaniels system (He made Tebow look like a QB for one season. Mitch is miles better than Tebow.). He had Cam on track until covid. Knowing what I know about covid it looks like Cam is still dealing with the after effects (think covid brain).

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
The New England Patriots' league-high eight opt-outs, due to concerns about the coronavirus pandemic, are official: tackle Marcus Cannon, linebacker Dont'a Hightower, safety Patrick Chung, tight end Matt LaCosse, running back Brandon Bolden, fullback Dan Vitale, receiver Marqise Lee and guard Najee Toran

JUST SAYING

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pats #1 defense is at home right now and they have basically #5 and #6 receivers playing the #1 and #2 spots.
They'll be fine when Bellichick's defense returns next season. Plus they have a crap ton of cap space.

I feel like it's a Bellichick thing to go after a player like Mitch, who would thrive in a McDaniels system (He made Tebow look like a QB for one season. Mitch is miles better than Tebow.). He had Cam on track until covid. Knowing what I know about covid it looks like Cam is still dealing with the after effects (think covid brain).

BB is such an unknown wildcard with strong opinions, he clouds visions. I feel the possibility exists, but he could also hate a trait that True Lies has...but yes...it feels like a Patriot way type of QB leader to me.

BB showed me this year he could have ran a system for Jalen Hurts or Tim Tebow with Harris.
There was a mid point to the season when their running game was unstoppable despite complete lack of a passing game. BB is adept at going into Fox ball and doing all the little things to win games.